Live Update

General roleplay questions

Sons

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  46

1. What you have not seen on rp, and would like to see and/or should be?

2. What does it mean to be good Roleplayer?

3. What is your attitude to the weak/poor Roleplayers?

4. The biggest absurdities on rp?

5. What would you change/add/remove on roleplay and why? mention the advantages/disadvantages of the game/script/s/rules/regulations etc  Your perfect roleplay server?

6. How important the economy should be on roleplay, why?

7. What, if if the pk term was removed and replaced with the BW itself and the CK applications?

8. What if there were fewer restrictions and more freedom?

9. Why is there so much bureaucracy on rp?

10. What do you think about limits, e.g. For robbery?

11. Why the A player cannot kill the B player  after robbery?

12. What do you think about, for example, hunger system?

13. The extortion or automation should be on a roleplay, e.g. accident system, consequence of a shot in the leg - the character can't run or jump, character descriptions etc.

14. Where does the fashion for taking screenshots come from and why is it popular, maybe we should move away from it?

15. What do you think about the official faction/s system? Is it good? Maybe should be replace some other thing?

16. Where disappeared fun?

17. Why many things are exaggerated on rp, what are these things?

18. Roleplay is a heavy and debatable topic, and everyone has their own idea about it and interprets it in their own way - do you agree with this statement? Why is it like that?

The questions have arisen to investigate a range of issues, including inaccuracies in terms of roleplay, especially related to the GTA game

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  734

Meh, I've got nothing to do, let's break these down, one by one.

What you have not seen on rp, and would like to see and/or should be?

One thing I have not seen on RP Servers often are Private Detectives. I for one think it'd be great to RP an ex-cop who's still holding onto his pride, and just wants to catch wanted perps. 

What does it mean to be good Roleplayer?

A good RP'er knows their character quite well, they read and understand what defines their character. A good Roleplayer will read other people's replies / rp, and read it over again. RP is about responding to what's going on around you, if you're not carefully reading the replies of other players, then you're not contributing anything to the RP Itself. A final trait a good Roleplayer exercises is allowing their character to experience negative emotions, and Roleplays them accordingly. Although RP is an escape from real life, no one should bring their real life misery into your RP / Character. And also, HAVE FUN, why are you RP'ing if you're not having fun?!

What is your attitude to the weak/poor Roleplayers?

The best Roleplayers in the world are far from perfect, there are things that everyone can improve upon. I've been Roleplaying across several servers and platforms for the past 10 years, and shit, I can even improve on my RP. If weak / poor Roleplayers are willing to put in the work to make their Roleplay better, and have fun doing it, then that just encapsulates the vision that LCRP is presenting to the public. A New Era of Roleplay, where everyone is here to have fun, learn, and enjoy their time playing in the big apple! 

The biggest absurdities on rp?

This is a very vague question, and I know you didn't mean to ask it this way. It all depends on the situation, there is a plethora of things characters do when they shouldn't be doing it. Alas, I wouldn't consider it an absurdity. For serious Roleplayers, trollish behavior is considered shocking, but far from absurd, I don't think people take it too much into heart.

What would you change/add/remove on roleplay and why? mention the advantages/disadvantages of the game/script/s/rules/regulations etc  Your perfect roleplay server?

Allow me to put it this way. LCRP is a Business, oRe is the Business owner, and I am a customer. As a Roleplayer, I make do with what I have presented to me. If I feel for areas of improvement, I'd suggest them. LCRP is quite literally the utopia of Roleplayer Servers, these guys know how to do it right. As a Customer (Roleplayer), you shouldn't come into the game and demand that every script, command, and item is fit to exceed your personal agenda. It's a lot more fun to make do with what you have, it opens the doors to a lot of RP! 

How important the economy should be on roleplay, why?

Since RP is practically a second world within Rage Multiplayer, I think the IG Economy should act as it does in real life. A constant booming economy allows for Roleplay to sustain and die out, where, the most fun I've had in my RP is when the economy is twisted and bouncing up and down! Economy is an integral part of the server, but like in real life, the economy doesn't always act the way you want it to!

What, if if the pk term was removed and replaced with the BW itself and the CK applications?

I am unsure of what a BW is. There are pros and cons with Player Kills. The pros are it allows your character to portray themselves to a sense where you'll lose your items and your memory, but can still enjoy time spent on that player. For myself, I usually tend to grow attached to my characters, and if they were CK'ed in every single altercation, it would seriously hurt my motivation to continue playing!

What if there were fewer restrictions and more freedom?

LCRP is just that. LCRP maximizes Character / Player freedom while still enforcing rules where a solid and happy community can be maintained. With freedom comes problems, with no freedom comes more problems. I believe LCRP is much more relaxed on their rules than other servers, but still has rules pertaining to certain aspects of the game. 

Why is there so much bureaucracy on rp?

As said, this game is emulating real life. Why is there Bureaucracy in real life? Well, we need it for one. And two, it opens up Roleplaying options!

What do you think about limits, e.g. For robbery?

I am a strong supporter of this. The main prevention is those who just rob for the monetary gain, and not the Roleplay. Setting a limit will create RP instead of minute transactions in quick succession. If there was no limits, everyone would become a robber and rob everyone in sight, thus, creating an unrealistic setting.

Why the A player cannot kill the B player  after robbery?

Not sure where you found this..

What do you think about, for example, hunger system?

Of all the things your character gets up to, I am on the fence about the Hunger System. Grocery Stores would have to be mapped, made, modded, and implemented, which I could see several issues going wrong with that. People can go days without food, so why can't you character? I think it's not really a good idea for LCRP, in my opinion! 

Where does the fashion for taking screenshots come from and why is it popular, maybe we should move away from it?

For those who develop their character through the progress of Roleplaying on them, screenshots is a way to showcase what the character is up to on the Forums. Although these screenshots can't be metagamed, lots of players have more fun making the screenshots than they do Roleplaying (Myself included). Screenshots open up another avenue for the community showcase, and allows players to demonstrate their work and talent, even when RageMP is closed.

Where disappeared fun?

?

Why many things are exaggerated on rp, what are these things?

Not much tbh, we are creating a real-world community, so we try not to exaggerate.

Roleplay is a heavy and debatable topic, and everyone has their own idea about it and interprets it in their own way - do you agree with this statement? Why is it like that?

Definitely. My peers think Roleplaying is cringe, they think it's what 'nerds' do. To me, Roleplaying is a way where I can live in another persons shoes, and decide what that person does. Roleplaying is a great escape into a world of your own. There doesn't need to be anything bad happening (most of the time), you choose what your character does, and how they interact with people. For example, some of the most socially awkward people are the best Roleplayers, and Roleplay outgoing people! This oftentimes has a Psychological impact which, in turn, can help them Out of Character.

• Like 1

4DcWtjM.png.3988786eb78011f1eb6b7ead2b44ac73.png

signature.thumb.png.69c9332f99f8dafd469733869e40e255.png.acf9cc15a85165af04a866247283926c.png

• Content Count:  12

1. Being an EMS-oriented roleplayer, I really would like to see more medical issues rather than plain traumas. The two most common calls the fire department gets are either gun-shot wounds or motor vehicle accidents. These two form up about 95% of all the calls a medical roleplayer might encounter, and it's a real shame. I have just yesterday witnessed a person getting hit by a hammer in the back of the head on another community's server, and I have seen them put effort and Google symptoms on-the-fly, and let me tell you that it was one of the nicest times I've had in such a faction. We roleplayed that scene for one hour and thirty-minutes, going into some really nice areas of medicine that I thoroughly enjoyed, and would love to go through them more often. I am aware that not everyone likes medical roleplay, and definitely not everyone understands it (neither do I fully), but you don't have to go out of your way to find something outstanding. For example, you could roleplay hammering a nail into your finger accidentally, suffering a stroke if your character is of older age, have an asthma attack. That's just some ideas which would typically not delve into too complicated of a medical scene, but it can definitely drastically change the development of your character, and also the development of our characters. Just be creative!

2. In my eyes, someone is good at roleplay if they can see their character go through both ups and downs. Life isn't perfect, therefore neither should our characters be. It's not about how long or well written your emotes are, but rather how you can successfully portray a human instead of a robot. You need to get to know your character well and plan ahead, making sure your background story will line up with what exactly you want to portray. This comes with experience, as the more you roleplay, the more you'll understand what's good and what isn't. I think it's important some of the more experienced roleplayers get to pass some of this knowledge on to newcomers, as it would drastically improve the quality of roleplay in a community.

3. As Geo said earlier, people always improve. There's really no "weak" roleplayers, but rather some more unexperienced ones. Personally, I like to try and subtly get them on the right tracks of what they want to roleplay without disturbing their ideas, but rather be a fact-checker. I try to approach this through IC means rather than OOC, as I feel it's easier for them to catch on to that rather than having a long OOC talk.

4. I think I know where you're pointing at here, but realistically, absurd roleplay is something that breaks the rules. As much as some people say someone is roleplaying absurdly, as long as it's in the rules and it also follows the common sense rule, it definitely isn't absurd; it's just another perspective. We shouldn't bash those kinds of people, but rather offer them constructive criticism so they can improve.

5. I would definitely try and limit down script assistance. A perfect example of this is the infamous "trucking job". In my eyes, a perfect server would replace that functionality with a faction or a company that would hire truckers, bus drivers, etc and force them to develop their character accordingly rather than just farming money through the script. They would also have to be paid ICly, bringing a whole new side of "Human Resources" roleplay that's currently lacking pretty much everywhere.

6. As I said earlier, in my eyes, economy should rather be passed on through IC means rather than OOC. However, economy is a topic I am not fully experienced in, as there are a lot of pros and cons to approaching a certain way. After all, it is a game at the end of the day, and not everyone has the time to work as hard as someone in real life does for money. This also drags down the possibility of character development in my eyes, as people should rather try and focus more on their characters story than their wealth.

7. In a perfect world, CKs would be the way to go. But roleplay is currently far from perfect, and CKing on every single death would break the balance of the game as we know it. It definitely /might/ stop players from performing actions that could end their character without having developed a proper story yet, but at the same time, there will always be people that don't properly develop their characters, and will instead just ruin someone else's fun by grabbing a gun and shooting down the entire LCPD — a ton of properly developed characters suddenly ended by someone that is playing for the chases and shootings.

8. I am unsure of what you're trying to say here, as in my eyes, people are free to do whatever they want. I think that most people, myself included, just fall into the herd mentality and limit their creativity just for uniformity, and that's why it gives off the impression that people are limited in what they can roleplay. But the opportunities are still endless — you just need to be creative enough to see that.

9. For the same reason bureaucracy exists in real life. It can suck, but at the same time it brings a lot of opportunities! 😛

10. Again, not fully entitled to talk about the economy. However, as Geo said, people should rob for the roleplay rather than the money, and the same applies for the scam rule. Money shouldn't be the main goal of you as the player, but rather the main goal of your character. I don't know what exactly to say here, so I'm going to leave it at that.

11. What's the main goal of your character here? Getting the money, or catching 70 years in prison? I would think your character would prefer the former, but players usually prefer both, as they are afraid to "take the L", so they would want to kill the player they robbed so they can't be reported to the police, and so they could live on. However, life has ups and downs — portraying this in your character development is an essential part in roleplay in my eyes, so, if you get caught, take it as an opportunity to build up your character to perhaps one day become the leader of a prison gang, if success is what you're up to!

12. Some people might find it nice, some might not. But, I think that forcing someone to roleplay in a certain way isn't the way to go, as it would lead to an RPG-style server with more and more features like this. It should be up to the player to roleplay as they see fit, rather then be constricted by the script.

13. I agree with the script being the one having a say in shootings. This will prevent OOC disputes over "but I shot you in the head, not in the leg!". However, wherever possible, I think the script should be avoided in forcing someone to roleplay a certain way. I can't think of any examples right now, but I am sure you get my point. 

14. I think this should be up to each player. Screenshots are a great way to have your story "written in a book" rather than it floating around, and it can make for great threads. However, people shouldn't focus on being "screenshot roleplayers", as I've heard people say. It shouldn't be about showing off, but rather enjoying writing a story.

15. Factions are perfectly fine the way they are in my opinion. A "company" system would definitely also be nice to have, for people to have some sort of way of requesting money for their employees for example, rather than having the script automatically pay those people. However, this needs to be thought out thoroughly for it to properly be implemented.

16. Fun never disappeared for me. I still enjoy writing my own little stories, and it definitely is fun to do so. Everyone experienced burn-out at some point, but it's up to them to overcome it and find other ways to RP.

17. I don't really see anything being exaggerated. Some people are definitely more expressive than others when it comes to the way people should roleplay, but at the end of the day, it's up to each individual to choose how and what they want to portray.

18. Yes, I agree with this. This is what makes it feels special, to be honest. Everyone having a different perspective on how to play the game and reach the same objective. I don't see it as a bad thing, as it can lead up to having a plethora of diversity in just a small world, making the game more enjoyable.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 4:35 AM, Geo said:

Meh, I've got nothing to do, let's break these down, one by one.

What you have not seen on rp, and would like to see and/or should be?

One thing I have not seen on RP Servers often are Private Detectives. I for one think it'd be great to RP an ex-cop who's still holding onto his pride, and just wants to catch wanted perps. 

What does it mean to be good Roleplayer?

A good RP'er knows their character quite well, they read and understand what defines their character. A good Roleplayer will read other people's replies / rp, and read it over again. RP is about responding to what's going on around you, if you're not carefully reading the replies of other players, then you're not contributing anything to the RP Itself. A final trait a good Roleplayer exercises is allowing their character to experience negative emotions, and Roleplays them accordingly. Although RP is an escape from real life, no one should bring their real life misery into your RP / Character. And also, HAVE FUN, why are you RP'ing if you're not having fun?!

What is your attitude to the weak/poor Roleplayers?

The best Roleplayers in the world are far from perfect, there are things that everyone can improve upon. I've been Roleplaying across several servers and platforms for the past 10 years, and shit, I can even improve on my RP. If weak / poor Roleplayers are willing to put in the work to make their Roleplay better, and have fun doing it, then that just encapsulates the vision that LCRP is presenting to the public. A New Era of Roleplay, where everyone is here to have fun, learn, and enjoy their time playing in the big apple! 

This is a very vague question, and I know you didn't mean to ask it this way. It all depends on the situation, there is a plethora of things characters do when they shouldn't be doing it. Alas, I wouldn't consider it an absurdity. For serious Roleplayers, trollish behavior is considered shocking, but far from absurd, I don't think people take it too much into heart.

What would you change/add/remove on roleplay and why? mention the advantages/disadvantages of the game/script/s/rules/regulations etc  Your perfect roleplay server?

Allow me to put it this way. LCRP is a Business, oRe is the Business owner, and I am a customer. As a Roleplayer, I make do with what I have presented to me. If I feel for areas of improvement, I'd suggest them. LCRP is quite literally the utopia of Roleplayer Servers, these guys know how to do it right. As a Customer (Roleplayer), you shouldn't come into the game and demand that every script, command, and item is fit to exceed your personal agenda. It's a lot more fun to make do with what you have, it opens the doors to a lot of RP! 

How important the economy should be on roleplay, why?

Since RP is practically a second world within Rage Multiplayer, I think the IG Economy should act as it does in real life. A constant booming economy allows for Roleplay to sustain and die out, where, the most fun I've had in my RP is when the economy is twisted and bouncing up and down! Economy is an integral part of the server, but like in real life, the economy doesn't always act the way you want it to!

What, if if the pk term was removed and replaced with the BW itself and the CK applications?

I am unsure of what a BW is. There are pros and cons with Player Kills. The pros are it allows your character to portray themselves to a sense where you'll lose your items and your memory, but can still enjoy time spent on that player. For myself, I usually tend to grow attached to my characters, and if they were CK'ed in every single altercation, it would seriously hurt my motivation to continue playing!

LCRP is just that. LCRP maximizes Character / Player freedom while still enforcing rules where a solid and happy community can be maintained. With freedom comes problems, with no freedom comes more problems. I believe LCRP is much more relaxed on their rules than other servers, but still has rules pertaining to certain aspects of the game. 

As said, this game is emulating real life. Why is there Bureaucracy in real life? Well, we need it for one. And two, it opens up Roleplaying options!

I am a strong supporter of this. The main prevention is those who just rob for the monetary gain, and not the Roleplay. Setting a limit will create RP instead of minute transactions in quick succession. If there was no limits, everyone would become a robber and rob everyone in sight, thus, creating an unrealistic setting.

Not sure where you found this..

Of all the things your character gets up to, I am on the fence about the Hunger System. Grocery Stores would have to be mapped, made, modded, and implemented, which I could see several issues going wrong with that. People can go days without food, so why can't you character? I think it's not really a good idea for LCRP, in my opinion! 

Where does the fashion for taking screenshots come from and why is it popular, maybe we should move away from it?

For those who develop their character through the progress of Roleplaying on them, screenshots is a way to showcase what the character is up to on the Forums. Although these screenshots can't be metagamed, lots of players have more fun making the screenshots than they do Roleplaying (Myself included). Screenshots open up another avenue for the community showcase, and allows players to demonstrate their work and talent, even when RageMP is closed.

Where disappeared fun?

?

Not much tbh, we are creating a real-world community, so we try not to exaggerate.

Roleplay is a heavy and debatable topic, and everyone has their own idea about it and interprets it in their own way - do you agree with this statement? Why is it like that?

Definitely. My peers think Roleplaying is cringe, they think it's what 'nerds' do. To me, Roleplaying is a way where I can live in another persons shoes, and decide what that person does. Roleplaying is a great escape into a world of your own. There doesn't need to be anything bad happening (most of the time), you choose what your character does, and how they interact with people. For example, some of the most socially awkward people are the best Roleplayers, and Roleplay outgoing people! This oftentimes has a Psychological impact which, in turn, can help them Out of Character.

I mean every absurdity for roleplay, not only about trolling, and maybe some behavior, issues, regulations etc

Yeah, but something you can like or dislike, maybe it was something on servers you played?

BW = Brutally Wounded, yeah that's fact, but I meant not perma death, but something like on GTA World, but without PK, it's only BW and CK applications

Yeah, that's true, but generally more freedom is better and there can always be problems with freedom or not on roleplay and it's depend what someone mean by freedom etc 

what it means to you, what not, examples?

Yes, I agree with you on a certain point of view, but look how it used to be, there was not that much bureaucracy, there were no issues later, everything was simple and everyone had fun

Is that possible? Possible

Yes and no, because your character can be money hungry etc Okay, but what if won't be any limits, but everything have to be done realistic?

It was on lsrp

Why not? This is a very important point in real life, and hardly anyone does it on rp, it is not a bad thing because it doesn't have to look as bad as on some RP, because here it is also about making such a system, any system that is badly made will be bad and no matter how good it was in some RP

That's true, but you remember old times, when there's no any screenshots and everyone logged to game? So we shouldn't remove it?

Where disappeared fun?

I mean fun on rp, I have question yet, what you mean by fun? What is fun for you? Examples?

There are no such, is everything okay?

So why everyone has their own opinion about it and interprets it in their own way, I mean people who play on RP

On 8/27/2021 at 6:02 PM, Mendax said:
  1. Being an EMS-oriented roleplayer, I really would like to see more medical issues rather than plain traumas. The two most common calls the fire department gets are either gun-shot wounds or motor vehicle accidents. These two form up about 95% of all the calls a medical roleplayer might encounter, and it's a real shame. I have just yesterday witnessed a person getting hit by a hammer in the back of the head on another community's server, and I have seen them put effort and Google symptoms on-the-fly, and let me tell you that it was one of the nicest times I've had in such a faction. We roleplayed that scene for one hour and thirty-minutes, going into some really nice areas of medicine that I thoroughly enjoyed, and would love to go through them more often. I am aware that not everyone likes medical roleplay, and definitely not everyone understands it (neither do I fully), but you don't have to go out of your way to find something outstanding. For example, you could roleplay hammering a nail into your finger accidentally, suffering a stroke if your character is of older age, have an asthma attack. That's just some ideas which would typically not delve into too complicated of a medical scene, but it can definitely drastically change the development of your character, and also the development of our characters. Just be creative!

2. In my eyes, someone is good at roleplay if they can see their character go through both ups and downs. Life isn't perfect, therefore neither should our characters be. It's not about how long or well written your emotes are, but rather how you can successfully portray a human instead of a robot. You need to get to know your character well and plan ahead, making sure your background story will line up with what exactly you want to portray. This comes with experience, as the more you roleplay, the more you'll understand what's good and what isn't. I think it's important some of the more experienced roleplayers get to pass some of this knowledge on to newcomers, as it would drastically improve the quality of roleplay in a community.

3. As Geo said earlier, people always improve. There's really no "weak" roleplayers, but rather some more unexperienced ones. Personally, I like to try and subtly get them on the right tracks of what they want to roleplay without disturbing their ideas, but rather be a fact-checker. I try to approach this through IC means rather than OOC, as I feel it's easier for them to catch on to that rather than having a long OOC talk.

4. I think I know where you're pointing at here, but realistically, absurd roleplay is something that breaks the rules. As much as some people say someone is roleplaying absurdly, as long as it's in the rules and it also follows the common sense rule, it definitely isn't absurd; it's just another perspective. We shouldn't bash those kinds of people, but rather offer them constructive criticism so they can improve.

5. I would definitely try and limit down script assistance. A perfect example of this is the infamous "trucking job". In my eyes, a perfect server would replace that functionality with a faction or a company that would hire truckers, bus drivers, etc and force them to develop their character accordingly rather than just farming money through the script. They would also have to be paid ICly, bringing a whole new side of "Human Resources" roleplay that's currently lacking pretty much everywhere.

6. As I said earlier, in my eyes, economy should rather be passed on through IC means rather than OOC. However, economy is a topic I am not fully experienced in, as there are a lot of pros and cons to approaching a certain way. After all, it is a game at the end of the day, and not everyone has the time to work as hard as someone in real life does for money. This also drags down the possibility of character development in my eyes, as people should rather try and focus more on their characters story than their wealth.

7. In a perfect world, CKs would be the way to go. But roleplay is currently far from perfect, and CKing on every single death would break the balance of the game as we know it. It definitely /might/ stop players from performing actions that could end their character without having developed a proper story yet, but at the same time, there will always be people that don't properly develop their characters, and will instead just ruin someone else's fun by grabbing a gun and shooting down the entire LCPD — a ton of properly developed characters suddenly ended by someone that is playing for the chases and shootings.

8. I am unsure of what you're trying to say here, as in my eyes, people are free to do whatever they want. I think that most people, myself included, just fall into the herd mentality and limit their creativity just for uniformity, and that's why it gives off the impression that people are limited in what they can roleplay. But the opportunities are still endless — you just need to be creative enough to see that.

9. For the same reason bureaucracy exists in real life. It can suck, but at the same time it brings a lot of opportunities! 😛

10. Again, not fully entitled to talk about the economy. However, as Geo said, people should rob for the roleplay rather than the money, and the same applies for the scam rule. Money shouldn't be the main goal of you as the player, but rather the main goal of your character. I don't know what exactly to say here, so I'm going to leave it at that.

11. What's the main goal of your character here? Getting the money, or catching 70 years in prison? I would think your character would prefer the former, but players usually prefer both, as they are afraid to "take the L", so they would want to kill the player they robbed so they can't be reported to the police, and so they could live on. However, life has ups and downs — portraying this in your character development is an essential part in roleplay in my eyes, so, if you get caught, take it as an opportunity to build up your character to perhaps one day become the leader of a prison gang, if success is what you're up to!

12. Some people might find it nice, some might not. But, I think that forcing someone to roleplay in a certain way isn't the way to go, as it would lead to an RPG-style server with more and more features like this. It should be up to the player to roleplay as they see fit, rather then be constricted by the script.

13. I agree with the script being the one having a say in shootings. This will prevent OOC disputes over "but I shot you in the head, not in the leg!". However, wherever possible, I think the script should be avoided in forcing someone to roleplay a certain way. I can't think of any examples right now, but I am sure you get my point. 

14. I think this should be up to each player. Screenshots are a great way to have your story "written in a book" rather than it floating around, and it can make for great threads. However, people shouldn't focus on being "screenshot roleplayers", as I've heard people say. It shouldn't be about showing off, but rather enjoying writing a story.

15. Factions are perfectly fine the way they are in my opinion. A "company" system would definitely also be nice to have, for people to have some sort of way of requesting money for their employees for example, rather than having the script automatically pay those people. However, this needs to be thought out thoroughly for it to properly be implemented.

16. Fun never disappeared for me. I still enjoy writing my own little stories, and it definitely is fun to do so. Everyone experienced burn-out at some point, but it's up to them to overcome it and find other ways to RP.

17. I don't really see anything being exaggerated. Some people are definitely more expressive than others when it comes to the way people should roleplay, but at the end of the day, it's up to each individual to choose how and what they want to portray.

18. Yes, I agree with this. This is what makes it feels special, to be honest. Everyone having a different perspective on how to play the game and reach the same objective. I don't see it as a bad thing, as it can lead up to having a plethora of diversity in just a small world, making the game more enjoyable.

4. Not exactly I mean absurdities roleplay like trolling, but maybe  some behavior, issues, regulations etc

5. That's true, but remove all jobs could have many problems, okay I agree with you about typical rp jobs like route from A to B place and grinding, but maybe could be changed/revamped? What problem I mean, if we remove jobs or there will be only companies that employ workers, what if these companies don't exist, there's no on server?

7. True, but not maybe perma death, but something like on GTA World, but without PK?

8. For example regulations

9. Does it have to be or is needed, there is no other way to do it? What possibilities you mean?

10. What, if character is money hungry? Why not let players rob without limits but realistically?

11. I know why there is such a rule, maybe was on lsrp, but it can happen in real life too, so why not let that happen?

12. It is true, but what if it were well done? So where is better to force the player, where not, why and not make it rpg-ish? 

13. I think yes

16. What you mean by fun and what is fun for you? Except what you wrote

17, So there's no such things and everything is okay? I mean rules, regulations, maybe behaviors etc not exaggerated roleplay

18. Is it possible to come to a common understanding, if everyone have own vision, everyone interprets everything in their own way? There is really a lot of it on rp

• Content Count:  13

1. -

2. Besides needing good grammar and knowing how to portray your character properly, being able to separate yourself from your character.  Getting robbed shouldn't make you mad in real life, it should raise the question "what options does my character have?" and go from there. 

3. Depends on the person, if they genuinely are trying their hardest to learn it can be excused somewhat but those who clearly don't care to learn shouldn't be allowed to play.

4. The "mallrat" phenomenon, attempting to impress players OOCly through IC actions (showing off your expensive ride in an environment that doesn't mesh with your character for example).

5. Hard to say, only thing I can think of is that the perfect server needs to balance realism with fun.  It's still a game in the end so it shouldn't be 1:1 replica of real life.

6. It should be balanced enough so that a new player doesn't have to grind of spend weeks or months to afford their own property.

7. -

8. It could go either direction, you'd need a good group of people who could lead others onto the proper path of what to roleplay and how but that'd be difficult to pull off.

9. Not sure what you're implying.

10. I think its a necessary thing for the same reason as I mentioned in #5.  While realistic, its not fun to lose a lot of money because someone robbed it from you.

11. If such a rule didn't exist, it would be the go-to solution to ensure you couldn't tell the police.  While the logic makes sense from IC perspective, it leads to players taking an OOC approach to the problem; it wouldn't make sense that every robbery ended in death since its not the case in real life, robbers have a conscience too.

12. On normal roleplay servers, I think its more of a novelty at best and an annoyance at worst.  On other kinds of roleplay servers (such as zombie RP), it can possibly give the player more ideas for roleplay (going out scavenging for food, something you'd likely do in such a situation).

13. -

14. We're visual creatures, we like to look at things.  Probably also taps into the same part of your brain when you want to take a selfie and post it for all to see.

15. What do you think about the official faction/s system? Is it good? Maybe should be replace some other thing?

16. I don't think it ever went away, not for me anyways.

17. -

18. Yes, otherwise we'd all follow a cookie cutter pattern of how to roleplay.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  12

4. Well, as I said, if you look that way at roleplay, then you'd swiftly be told off by the admin team and consequently punished if your behavior isn't amended.

5. To address the second question, I think we have big enough of a pre-launch community to make sure that at least one company comes out on launch, such as the Metropolitan Transportation Authority I've seen in the factions tab. As for the first question, I think such revamp would have been found by now, but considering this community is all about exploring new ideas and bringing a revamp to GTA roleplay as a whole, I can definitely see it become a reality in the future. It just needs some bright minds and willfulness for people to post suggestions.

8. It's very difficult to venture off and remove regulations just for the sake of exploration, as it can easily break a status quo achieved over the years by many communities. I'm all in for it as long as it's done on the test server, but I doubt there's many people willing to actually regularly roleplay there to test out a new rule change.

9. Well, it depends on what exactly you're talking about when you're thinking about bureaucracy. Faction applications, lawsuits, advertisements?

10. It can break the balance of the server, if someone's earnings suddenly go away, it'd be hard to adapt your character development to it. It's definitely a possibility, like roleplaying going homeless because of it, but I don't think people would be motivated enough to stray away from their regular activities and an already well-thought character development plan out of a sudden.

11. People in real life don't actually kill people after they've robbed them — it makes literally zero sense, your goal for the robbery was to get money, not to kill someone. Most people will not risk jailtime over 300$ stolen off someone on the street, and at the same time, barely any people are that mentally strong to kill a random individual they've never interacted with before.

12. The "what to force and what not to force" subject is also a very delicate subject, as with my answer to point 8, it'd break the status quo achieved by many other communities similar to ours. However, I think it's important we keep forcing scripts to a minimum, because it would keep restrictions to a minimum. Imagine there was a hunger script and you asked question 8, instead of my current answer I would probably say that "removing the hunger script will allow for more freedom and less restrictions" to answer that question.

16. Hah, I'm not in my philosophical mood right now, but all I can say is that fun is situational, and depends on the environment you're taking part of. It's when you enjoy what you're doing and can't imagine yourself doing it in another way that would seem like less of a burden to you but rather as freedom.

17. You can't really make a rule saying what's right and what's not, at the end of the day, it'd be the admin team's decision to say what type of development crossed a line and what didn't.

18. I mean, yeah, what I've noticed is that factions usually reach some common "unwritten rules" within their group, and even if certain protocols, regulations etc. aren't set in stone, they would still all follow that common agreement.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  844

1. Hard to say, I've met some very creative people through roleplaying. Though, I'd love to see more business/community roleplay.

2. I think this is an open ended question, there is no right or wrong or yes or no to being a 'Good roleplayer' - I think someone who is good at roleplay is someone who is creative, doesn't rely on others for their roleplay and has a general idea of what they're doing is a good foundation for a 'Good roleplayer'.

3. My attitude is, we've all been in a position of being what I'd call new roleplayer. I'm not going to call them weak or poor because everyone has their strong suits when it comes to roleplay. Roleplay is all about learning, having strengths and weaknesses. 

4. I don't really understand what's being asked, so can't comment.

5. My perfect roleplay server would be a community where everyone helps each other improve their roleplay, have fun, all different kinds of roleplay etc. 

6. Very important, a lot of people think it's essential you're rich on a roleplay server. But, this shouldn't be the case. I guess a lot of people want money on a server because money means everything in a game. 

7. Again, not too sure whats being asked here.

8. LCRP is one of those examples where theres little restrictions more freedom. I look forward to seeing the roleplay that comes about because of this.

9. It depends what you're talking about in terms of this. 

10. I don't think limits should exist per-se. But, I feel like there should be so there is balance. 

11. It makes zero sense, would you take someones money and then kill them? No. Think of what you would do in real life.

12. This falls under the what to force, what not to force. But, being honest. I think 'force scripts' should be kept to a minimum.

13. Not sure whats being asked here.

14. Screenshots help people showcase what they're doing in terms of their character development, allows people to be creative and showcase their character and factions.

15. I feel as if all factions should be equal. I don't think factions should be recognised over each other. But, I feel like there could be other ways to reward factions that have continously and added to the immersion and community for long periods.

16. Not sure what you're asking.

17. Because it's a game, you don't face consequences from a game. 

18. Can't comment.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 8:05 AM, Stoned Ape said:
  1. -

2. Besides needing good grammar and knowing how to portray your character properly, being able to separate yourself from your character.  Getting robbed shouldn't make you mad in real life, it should raise the question "what options does my character have?" and go from there. 

3. Depends on the person, if they genuinely are trying their hardest to learn it can be excused somewhat but those who clearly don't care to learn shouldn't be allowed to play.

4. The "mallrat" phenomenon, attempting to impress players OOCly through IC actions (showing off your expensive ride in an environment that doesn't mesh with your character for example).

5. Hard to say, only thing I can think of is that the perfect server needs to balance realism with fun.  It's still a game in the end so it shouldn't be 1:1 replica of real life.

6. It should be balanced enough so that a new player doesn't have to grind of spend weeks or months to afford their own property.

7. -

8. It could go either direction, you'd need a good group of people who could lead others onto the proper path of what to roleplay and how but that'd be difficult to pull off.

9. Not sure what you're implying.

10. I think its a necessary thing for the same reason as I mentioned in #5.  While realistic, its not fun to lose a lot of money because someone robbed it from you.

11. If such a rule didn't exist, it would be the go-to solution to ensure you couldn't tell the police.  While the logic makes sense from IC perspective, it leads to players taking an OOC approach to the problem; it wouldn't make sense that every robbery ended in death since its not the case in real life, robbers have a conscience too.

12. On normal roleplay servers, I think its more of a novelty at best and an annoyance at worst.  On other kinds of roleplay servers (such as zombie RP), it can possibly give the player more ideas for roleplay (going out scavenging for food, something you'd likely do in such a situation).

13. -

14. We're visual creatures, we like to look at things.  Probably also taps into the same part of your brain when you want to take a selfie and post it for all to see.

16. I don't think it ever went away, not for me anyways.

17. -

18. Yes, otherwise we'd all follow a cookie cutter pattern of how to roleplay.

8. Why it might be difficult to implement?

9. I mean more regulations, dumb politics or you have to spend time on e.g. writing unknown content about obtaining a business license, screenshots, etc.

10. Why it is  necessary? IC thing

11. I agree with you, but maybe it should be character decision, not rules? Everything IC'ly

12. Why annoyance?

14. What, if it had been removed?

15. Still, I don't know

16. Okay, so what you mean by this? Examples?

18. That's all or something else?

On 9/3/2021 at 6:33 PM, Mendax said:

4. Well, as I said, if you look that way at roleplay, then you'd swiftly be told off by the admin team and consequently punished if your behavior isn't amended.

5. To address the second question, I think we have big enough of a pre-launch community to make sure that at least one company comes out on launch, such as the Metropolitan Transportation Authority I've seen in the factions tab. As for the first question, I think such revamp would have been found by now, but considering this community is all about exploring new ideas and bringing a revamp to GTA roleplay as a whole, I can definitely see it become a reality in the future. It just needs some bright minds and willfulness for people to post suggestions.

8. It's very difficult to venture off and remove regulations just for the sake of exploration, as it can easily break a status quo achieved over the years by many communities. I'm all in for it as long as it's done on the test server, but I doubt there's many people willing to actually regularly roleplay there to test out a new rule change.

9. Well, it depends on what exactly you're talking about when you're thinking about bureaucracy. Faction applications, lawsuits, advertisements?

10. It can break the balance of the server, if someone's earnings suddenly go away, it'd be hard to adapt your character development to it. It's definitely a possibility, like roleplaying going homeless because of it, but I don't think people would be motivated enough to stray away from their regular activities and an already well-thought character development plan out of a sudden.

11. People in real life don't actually kill people after they've robbed them — it makes literally zero sense, your goal for the robbery was to get money, not to kill someone. Most people will not risk jailtime over 300$ stolen off someone on the street, and at the same time, barely any people are that mentally strong to kill a random individual they've never interacted with before.

12. The "what to force and what not to force" subject is also a very delicate subject, as with my answer to point 8, it'd break the status quo achieved by many other communities similar to ours. However, I think it's important we keep forcing scripts to a minimum, because it would keep restrictions to a minimum. Imagine there was a hunger script and you asked question 8, instead of my current answer I would probably say that "removing the hunger script will allow for more freedom and less restrictions" to answer that question.

16. Hah, I'm not in my philosophical mood right now, but all I can say is that fun is situational, and depends on the environment you're taking part of. It's when you enjoy what you're doing and can't imagine yourself doing it in another way that would seem like less of a burden to you but rather as freedom.

17. You can't really make a rule saying what's right and what's not, at the end of the day, it'd be the admin team's decision to say what type of development crossed a line and what didn't.

18. I mean, yeah, what I've noticed is that factions usually reach some common "unwritten rules" within their group, and even if certain protocols, regulations etc. aren't set in stone, they would still all follow that common agreement.

4. But you mean about trolling or what?

9. For example regulations, dumb politics or you just have to spend time on e.g. writing unknown content about obtaining a business license, screenshots, etc.

10. But it still roleplay and maybe will teach players to think

11. But something like this can happen, so why not let the players decide for themselves? Character could be crazy, is just idiot etc, so it's IC'ly thing

12. But do we have to become like other communities, it may be time to break with various issues and patterns? Why more freedom and less restrictions?

17. I did not find an answer to my previous question, but why admins have to decide about it, since everyone can have their own opinion, interpretations on some topic? Why the rules can't be simple and clear?

On 9/3/2021 at 6:55 PM, Jorgensen said:
  1. Hard to say, I've met some very creative people through roleplaying. Though, I'd love to see more business/community roleplay.

2. I think this is an open ended question, there is no right or wrong or yes or no to being a 'Good roleplayer' - I think someone who is good at roleplay is someone who is creative, doesn't rely on others for their roleplay and has a general idea of what they're doing is a good foundation for a 'Good roleplayer'.

3. My attitude is, we've all been in a position of being what I'd call new roleplayer. I'm not going to call them weak or poor because everyone has their strong suits when it comes to roleplay. Roleplay is all about learning, having strengths and weaknesses. 

4. I don't really understand what's being asked, so can't comment.

5. My perfect roleplay server would be a community where everyone helps each other improve their roleplay, have fun, all different kinds of roleplay etc. 

6. Very important, a lot of people think it's essential you're rich on a roleplay server. But, this shouldn't be the case. I guess a lot of people want money on a server because money means everything in a game. 

7. Again, not too sure whats being asked here.

8. LCRP is one of those examples where theres little restrictions more freedom. I look forward to seeing the roleplay that comes about because of this.

9. It depends what you're talking about in terms of this. 

10. I don't think limits should exist per-se. But, I feel like there should be so there is balance. 

11. It makes zero sense, would you take someones money and then kill them? No. Think of what you would do in real life.

12. This falls under the what to force, what not to force. But, being honest. I think 'force scripts' should be kept to a minimum.

13. Not sure whats being asked here.

14. Screenshots help people showcase what they're doing in terms of their character development, allows people to be creative and showcase their character and factions.

15. I feel as if all factions should be equal. I don't think factions should be recognised over each other. But, I feel like there could be other ways to reward factions that have continously and added to the immersion and community for long periods.

16. Not sure what you're asking.

17. Because it's a game, you don't face consequences from a game. 

18. Can't comment.

4. There are no stupid things like rules, regulations, maybe something other? I mean in every RP community

7. Something like.... No PK, only BW and when someone "killed" you so you have injury and you have to RP it, there's no PK, no wipe memory and for example, if CK will be accepted on you, so you will be CK'ed

9. There is a lot of thing, but for example regulations, dumb politics or you just have to spend time on e.g. writing unknown content about obtaining a business license, screenshots, etc.

10. So it would be ok if there were no limits, but it should be for balance?

11. Why not? It could happen, the rest of the matter of the IC and not the rule

12. And what would you force and what not? Examples? Minimum like, how? For example?

13. Is it good that the script forces certain actions, such as the consequences of a shot in the leg, may it force a description of the character or there is automation somewhere?

14. Is it necessary? What, if it had been removed?

15. So there shouldn't be something like official and unofficial factions? How you could reward factions/What could be other ways to reward factions?

16. Maybe in other words.... what is fun for you/what you mean by fun? Examples? What can you say about fun on rp? Should be exist? Why?

17. I meant what things are exaggerated on rp

18. So you hold back on answering, maybe you don't know what to write or?

• Brett locked this topic