Live Update

Parking Vehicles

Samboiam

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  346

I am a big fan of this suggestion, for many of the reasons listed above. I am also a big fan of the idea of paying for parking. I think that paying for parking will force people to drive taxis or buses around more and allow for more RP with people doing those jobs, and allowing cars to stay spawned it will allow for illegal RPers to have opportunities with the cars that are spawned it. If this doesn't cause performance issues for players, I am a big fan of this suggestion. 

4DcWtjM.png

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  37

I think re-evaluating the functionality of /v park is something to consider. I always found it to be a lil corny.  What if /v park was only accessible if you own or have access to a property with a driveway or a garage?

with that being said, if you do not own or have access to property there should be designated parking locations near apartment complexes in the city where you can pay for the ability to /v park for a pre-determined amount of time (lets say 24 hours). If you run the timer without re-loading the meter, you should be fined every 24 hours lets just say. After 3 tickets, script-tow to a designated location across town where the player would have to travel and pay the fines at an impound lot to get their vehicle back. 

• Content Count:  52

On 6/22/2022 at 8:33 PM, sykkko said:

I think re-evaluating the functionality of /v park is something to consider. I always found it to be a lil corny.  What if /v park was only accessible if you own or have access to a property with a driveway or a garage?

with that being said, if you do not own or have access to property there should be designated parking locations near apartment complexes in the city where you can pay for the ability to /v park for a pre-determined amount of time (lets say 24 hours). If you run the timer without re-loading the meter, you should be fined every 24 hours lets just say. After 3 tickets, script-tow to a designated location across town where the player would have to travel and pay the fines at an impound lot to get their vehicle back. 

I think this is a very good happy medium, as much as I would like to see people parking their vehicles in their driveways, people whos houses have garages could have the ability to /vpark to place their vehicle in their garage.

I was thinking another way to help further this idea would be with the use of parking garage interiors, where as you pull up to a garage door, press a hotkey, and then enter the interior. The vehicles would then still remain spawned, but would be in a different dimension and help reduce texture loss & lag on the server.

• Content Count:  183

There are so many things that can go wrong OOC while offline. Even if you parked your car legally, it takes a second for someone to bump it and move its position, and then LCPD to pick it up because it's no longer parked legally. I agree that it would be nice to see vehicles all over the city but we can't deny the downsides that can put players in trouble. Try to explain LCPD how it's not your fault that your car wasn't legally parked to get it back.

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/26/2022 at 9:13 AM, Conviction said:

There are so many things that can go wrong OOC while offline. Even if you parked your car legally, it takes a second for someone to bump it and move its position, and then LCPD to pick it up because it's no longer parked legally. I agree that it would be nice to see vehicles all over the city but we can't deny the downsides that can put players in trouble. Try to explain LCPD how it's not your fault that your car wasn't legally parked to get it back.

I agree this can happen while offline, but the proposal is just to have the cars spawned when everyone is online

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  844

As someone who works with modded vehicles unfortunately this is going to be a make and break thing. It needs to be experimented with. Some people have PCs who cant handle above a certain number of assets and its also been proven that the texture loss isnt just down to ELS and mod optimisation.

The texture loss is down to a mix of optimisation and RageMPs streamer, without a fixed streamer, this might not be possible.

• Content Count:  103

Hey, so one thing I feel was failed to be mention was the ability to spawn and despawn a vehicle mid-roleplay or whenever really. Now, I'm not saying players shouldn't have the options to respawn and despawn their vehicles however, as mentioned previously, this is heavily abused in some instances. Of course, understandably, sometimes individuals may respawn their vehicles following a damage as a result to desync, lag, or any server issues. However, for example, I know persons who despawn their vehicles to avoid other individuals like the police or generally anyone that they're avoiding. Honestly, I feel as if there should be something to prevent something like such.

So I'm thinking, if individuals want to repair their vehicles due to damages caused by the server, they will have the option to use a command, maybe something like /vrestream that will repair their vehicle. To avoid abuse, logs should be kept to keep track of who uses the command and there should be a limit. So let's say it can't be used more than twice, and cannot be used until a 1-2 hour cooldown has expired. 

However, in relation to despawning vehicles, I think that something should be worked out to help players cope with the ability to not be able to despawn their vehicles. Just something, you know?

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  57

On 7/11/2022 at 12:58 AM, Izzy said:

Hey, so one thing I feel was failed to be mention was the ability to spawn and despawn a vehicle mid-roleplay or whenever really. Now, I'm not saying players shouldn't have the options to respawn and despawn their vehicles however, as mentioned previously, this is heavily abused in some instances. Of course, understandably, sometimes individuals may respawn their vehicles following a damage as a result to desync, lag, or any server issues. However, for example, I know persons who despawn their vehicles to avoid other individuals like the police or generally anyone that they're avoiding. Honestly, I feel as if there should be something to prevent something like such.

So I'm thinking, if individuals want to repair their vehicles due to damages caused by the server, they will have the option to use a command, maybe something like /vrestream that will repair their vehicle. To avoid abuse, logs should be kept to keep track of who uses the command and there should be a limit. So let's say it can't be used more than twice, and cannot be used until a 1-2 hour cooldown has expired. 

However, in relation to despawning vehicles, I think that something should be worked out to help players cope with the ability to not be able to despawn their vehicles. Just something, you know?

Maybe if we allow vpark in garages and interiors. With like certain timers, like 10 minutes or 15 minutes after getting into said interior. It would be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  103

On 8/25/2022 at 1:17 AM, Xaleya said:

Maybe if we allow vpark in garages and interiors. With like certain timers, like 10 minutes or 15 minutes after getting into said interior. It would be helpful.

Yeah I agree, this would be much better.