Live Update

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  145

13 minutes ago, LackingAName said:

Both @NickyW and @Rodrigo_Ferrer have summed up several points I highly agree with.

What I would like to see possible in terms of spawning every time you connect to the server;
- Last known location
- Houses if you own any

- Business if you own any

- Faction HQ (If you are in one)

Obviously if you manage to reconnect within 30 / 60 minutes, you shouldn't be getting these and it should just put you back at the spot you logged out from. Vehicles should stay where you left them and/or parked them.

I'm glad we agree on several points but I'm just going to point out that I'm personally categorically against being able to spawn at the last known location. That's the equivalent of abusing force crashes and completely breaks housing because you can spawn anywhere you please with no repercussions and it makes rental properties, government housing, and other options largely useless (optional at best). Players can still choose to spawn there but they don't have to. They can simply force crash behind their faction front business and magically appear where they want every time they log back in. The faction front business should be a spawn point option if you own/rent/are employed at it through the script. 

My opinion is that there should be a lot of options for housing: such as but not limited to government housing, hotels, motels, B&Bs, LCCP rentals, other rentals, and owned properties (which includes all properties as I mentioned before), etc. but if you choose to not be housed anywhere then you should be perceived as homeless (possibly have your appearance deteriorate over time or be forced to a homeless skin after a while). That's how it should work. 

pi fari un giuvanottu i malavita

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  467

5 minutes ago, Rodrigo_Ferrer said:

I'm glad we agree on several points but I'm just going to point out that I'm personally categorically against being able to spawn at the last known location. That's the equivalent of abusing force crashes and completely breaks housing because you can spawn anywhere you please with no repercussions and it makes rental properties, government housing, and other options largely useless (optional at best). Players can still choose to spawn there but they don't have to. They can simply force crash behind their faction front business and magically appear where they want every time they log back in. The faction front business should be a spawn point option if you own/rent/are employed at it through the script. 

My opinion is that there should be a lot of options for housing: such as but not limited to government housing, hotels, motels, B&Bs, LCCP rentals, other rentals, and owned properties (which includes all properties as I mentioned before), etc. but if you choose to not be housed anywhere then you should be perceived as homeless (possibly have your appearance deteriorate over time or be forced to a homeless skin after a while). That's how it should work. 

Force crashing yourself should  just put you back to the spot you did it at, rather than giving you the menu to change it or being able to do it through the UCP. That can only work if we have a way of keeping track of the location the moment x disconnects, and just have the person forced to be put back at that same location. 

test.png.876e858da6624ad25c2b31c8126aeea7.png

signature.thumb.png.69c9332f99f8dafd469733869e40e255.png.acf9cc15a85165af04a866247283926c.png

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  67

There definitely needs to be an ability to spawn at last location - maybe have a 30 minute timer on it like others have suggested.

It would really suck to need to run back to the place of roleplay if you crash, especially given that you can’t tp your car to yourself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LackingAName said:

Force crashing yourself should  just put you back to the spot you did it at, rather than giving you the menu to change it or being able to do it through the UCP. That can only work if we have a way of keeping track of the location the moment x disconnects, and just have the person forced to be put back at that same location. 

That's how force crashing has worked in the past but my point is that it's been abused to a very high extent, and shouldn't be a thing. You should only return to the last known location for e.g 30 minutes after you log/crash so it wouldn't be abused past that point however still be able to continue your roleplay upon unforeseen circumstances. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  192

This is a good topic for discussion, thanks for bringing this up.

There are some good points on one side of the argument but I'm leaning towards the other side - the "realistic" one. In my opinion, it should work something like this:

• To prevent force crash abuse, only let the player return to his last location in a certain time window (30 minutes sounds good). That's it. That's the only time you are allowed to spawn back in where you left off.
  • Have an option to set your spawn point at places where you realistically can spawn - your residence or business that you have access to. This goes hand in hand with @Rodrigo_Ferrer post and they have explained it pretty good as to why this is important.

This will force the player to actually drive home before logging off but I see no problem with it. It is still a part of the roleplay and if you can't plan your time accordingly, it's your problem and a script should not fix it.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  52

2 hours ago, Kjell said:

This is a good topic for discussion, thanks for bringing this up.

There are some good points on one side of the argument but I'm leaning towards the other side - the "realistic" one. In my opinion, it should work something like this:

• To prevent force crash abuse, only let the player return to his last location in a certain time window (30 minutes sounds good). That's it. That's the only time you are allowed to spawn back in where you left off.
  • Have an option to set your spawn point at places where you realistically can spawn - your residence or business that you have access to. This goes hand in hand with @Rodrigo_Ferrer post and they have explained it pretty good as to why this is important.

This will force the player to actually drive home before logging off but I see no problem with it. It is still a part of the roleplay and if you can't plan your time accordingly, it's your problem and a script should not fix it.

I think I agree with you the most here Kjell;

Giving the player the option to spawn between their residence or business (as realistically, someone may sleep at their business, or RP 'going to work' when they log off) - the player will just need to keep track of where they last parked their vehicle.

I would also like to bring up a point,

If a player has keys to multiple businesses/houses (as in rental agreements or is employed at them) they should be limited to how many they can chose as a spawn location (I would say 1 residence and 1 business, tops) and there should be a several day cool-down timer between changing their choice of spawn to prevent abuse.

• Content Count:  44

5 hours ago, LackingAName said:

Both @NickyW and @Rodrigo_Ferrer have summed up several points I highly agree with.

What I would like to see possible in terms of spawning every time you connect to the server;
- Last known location
- Houses if you own any

- Business if you own any

- Faction HQ (If you are in one)

Obviously if you manage to reconnect within 30 / 60 minutes, you shouldn't be getting these and it should just put you back at the spot you logged out from. Vehicles should stay where you left them and/or parked them.

I agree with this. This template should be the one used.

Honestly, if the main argument I'm hearing is "people will abuse spawn points" then I could really care less. I feel like if the people advocating for no spawn points want to convince me, they're gonna have to come up with a different argument because honestly? People abusing spawn points doesn't really bother me. Maybe if they're doing it to avoid police or other people that are chasing them, in which case, an admin can handle it.

Spawn points are probably at the bottom of the list in terms of things I'm concerned about people abusing. The only person it benefits is the person spawning, and it harms no one. If your server's biggest problem is that people are spawning where they actually want to roleplay instead of having to drive to and from their house, I'd say your server is in a pretty good position.

I also really like the example that @Goonbag used. If you want to log off, every second you drive is a potential traffic stop; and who can fault someone for rushing when they want to log off? And a traffic stop turns a two-four minute drive into a 10 minute scenario at best, and an hour or two at worst.

33 minutes ago, NickyW said:

I agree with this. This template should be the one used.

Honestly, if the main argument I'm hearing is "people will abuse spawn points" then I could really care less. I feel like if the people advocating for no spawn points want to convince me, they're gonna have to come up with a different argument because honestly? People abusing spawn points doesn't really bother me. Maybe if they're doing it to avoid police or other people that are chasing them, in which case, an admin can handle it.

Spawn points are probably at the bottom of the list in terms of things I'm concerned about people abusing. The only person it benefits is the person spawning, and it harms no one. If your server's biggest problem is that people are spawning where they actually want to roleplay instead of having to drive to and from their house, I'd say your server is in a pretty good position.

I also really like the example that @Goonbag used. If you want to log off, every second you drive is a potential traffic stop; and who can fault someone for rushing when they want to log off? And a traffic stop turns a two-four minute drive into a 10 minute scenario at best, and an hour or two at worst.

Nobody has advocated for no spawn points. The biggest concerns were that:

• there be no force crash abuse (which can be prevented by removing spawning at the last known location);
  • there would be more spawn points (making all properties rented or owned by a player a potential spawn point for them not only limited to residential properties, and adding more options for players who don't rent or own a property).

It's a non-issue if you can plan 5-10 minutes in advance and drive like a normal person. I've roleplayed for the better part of 13 years and not once had a problem with a traffic stop when I had to drive back to log off. If you can't do that (due to unforeseen circumstances) just deal with it and take a cab back to your car when you log in at your spawn point the next time. 

Stop making excuses for lazily leaving your cars wherever you please when you log off and/or bounce in the middle of roleplay because you can't plan half an hour ahead to finish your roleplay before you log off. The exceptions should be far and few between to warrant undermining the whole system. 

• Content Count:  44

14 minutes ago, Rodrigo_Ferrer said:

Nobody has advocated for no spawn points. The biggest concerns were that:

• there be no force crash abuse (which can be prevented by removing spawning at the last known location);
  • there would be more spawn points (making all properties rented or owned by a player a potential spawn point for them not only limited to residential properties, and adding more options for players who don't rent or own a property).

It's a non-issue if you can plan 5-10 minutes in advance and drive like a normal person. I've roleplayed for the better part of 13 years and not once had a problem with a traffic stop when I had to drive back to log off. If you can't do that (due to unforeseen circumstances) just deal with it and take a cab back to your car when you log in at your spawn point the next time. 

Stop making excuses for lazily leaving your cars wherever you please when you log off and/or bounce in the middle of roleplay because you can't plan half an hour ahead to finish your roleplay before you log off. The exceptions should be far and few between to warrant undermining the whole system. 

I'm not making excuses. I don't have to make excuses because it isn't a problem. Find something more important to get upset about. This is one of the most unproductive suggestions I've ever seen and absolutely nothing is going to come of it.

Nobody cares if people spawn where they want. It's a non-issue. In the rare case that it isn't, let the admins do their jobs.

People's OOC lives come FIRST. Full stop. You forcing people to "plan in advance" is a gross violation of liberty. In real life, shit happens. You should honestly apologize for even suggesting such a thing.

I've exhausted several attempts to be open minded and reasonable, but its time to be blunt with you and just tell you the facts:

There's going to be spawn points and "last location" is going to be one of them. It's not a big deal. Get over it.

14 minutes ago, NickyW said:

I'm not making excuses. I don't have to make excuses because it isn't a problem. Find something more important to get upset about. This is one of the most unproductive suggestions I've ever seen and absolutely nothing is going to come of it.

Nobody cares if people spawn where they want. It's a non-issue. In the rare case that it isn't, let the admins do their jobs.

People's OOC lives come FIRST. Full stop. You forcing people to "plan in advance" is a gross violation of liberty. In real life, shit happens. You should honestly apologize for even suggesting such a thing.

I've exhausted several attempts to be open minded and reasonable, but its time to be blunt with you and just tell you the facts:

There's going to be spawn points and "last location" is going to be one of them. It's not a big deal. Get over it.

What's the point of having properties, government housing, rentals, etc. if everyone can just magically appear wherever they please? It literally undermines the economy, the property market, and flat-out breaks immersion. The problem is I can't convince you otherwise even though I explained my reasoning on page 1 because you're one of the people who want to continue abusing force crash and pretend it's part of the game instead of improving spawn points and making it more realistic and immersive.

Furthermore, as I said, it's understandable if there are unforeseen circumstances and you have to go but they are far and few between.

If it rarely happens it's not a problem and allows for the removal for the improvement of the system.

If it often happens it's an excuse to keep a broken part of the system.

Don't get too antsy and stir up drama where there ain't none. I'm not going to apologize when people have been ruining roleplay and breaking immersion since the beginning of time and feel like it's okay to ''/b gtg'' and use a Harry Potter vanishing spell to yeet themselves out because they can't take 5-10 minutes to roleplay it out. I did that shit when I started roleplaying at 12 years old but it shouldn't be the standard among regular people. 

I'm not going to comment on ''There's going to be spawn points and "last location" is going to be one of them. It's not a big deal. Get over it.'' because it's fueled by emotion and you aren't in a position to decide it. We're on a civilized discussion topic not in your backyard playground.