Live Update

Civilian Clothing Mods - What do you want to see?

Marksman

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  395

Found this somewhere and thought it’d be interesting to post here for those who don’t know the definitions.

Lore

Everything set by Rockstar games themselves, no mod can change this

True Lore Friendly

Uses Rockstar lore and assets to create more variations within the game, matching the universe almost perfectly

Semi Lore Friendly

Uses assets from both Rockstar and external sources and games, as well as self made assets, but still attempts to fit within the universe and if executed correctly can fit very well

Faux Lore Friendly

Fake lore friendly, rebadged ford crown vic as a vapid or lore paintjobs on real cars, trash, attempting to be half half but doesn't match the world 

Anti Lore

Anything that doesn't fit the universe, aka any irl forza port trash and real brands, will only work if the entire game is replaced with real life assets

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  63

23 hours ago, stomONE said:

A few good bits and pieces in here, but mostly unusable.

What does the faces one do? I couldn't tell what was special other than being Freemode MP faces.

• Content Count:  9

On 3/24/2021 at 7:02 PM, Marksman said:

A few good bits and pieces in here, but mostly unusable.

What does the faces one do? I couldn't tell what was special other than being Freemode MP faces.

it has fades in the hair, it has some real clothing marks, I just brought it in, I like the modpack, maybe they can get good things for the server and remove the bad ones

• Content Count:  63

2 hours ago, stomONE said:

it has fades in the hair, it has some real clothing marks, I just brought it in, I like the modpack, maybe they can get good things for the server and remove the bad ones

I took a look at the faces file.

It's terrible. It's as if someone's ran a smudge tool across someones face.

But regardless, thank you for the file.

• Content Count:  8

• Content Count:  6

On 3/24/2021 at 5:07 AM, Craazy said:

By that logic, then real life gangs should also have nothing to do with ones roleplay.

Clothing brands are part of gang culture, and if you want to keep things lore-friendly with vehicles, businesses, and clothing brands... then you should keep it lore-friendly with factions and remove all portrayal of New York gangs such as the following factions that follow New York lore.

It is very hard to take inspiration from IRL gangs that have made clothing brand part of gang culture. Brands like Timberlands are known throughout New York youths, and praised.
People would get clowned for wearing Wal-Mart knock-offs but here? Now we have to name our own knock-offs because if Givenchy doesn't exist, then the Russian Givenchy knock-off named Givochey doesn't exist, and so now I have to use a made-up reference to roast someone on the street for wearing knock-offs.

If Fendi doesn't exist in our world, then how can I bring it up?
Fendi is a slang in New York for saying something is true. "That's Fendi" means "That's correct" or "That's accurate".

There is already a solid balance of lore between RP and IRL, with the cars being named with lore in mind but if you want to make every single thing lore-friendly...
Then you no longer take inspiration from New York. Now you are taking ideas from New York and making knock-offs.

So what do you do when you take no inspiration from New York?
Well... when you take no inspiration from New York, then you cannot research gangs and portray them how they would be IRL...
You just gotta believe you're portraying right because now you're not based on IRL, you're on fictional counter-parts.

For example, IRL, the Gambino Crime Family was at one-point the strongest New York crime family but that position has since been reclaimed by the Genovese Crime Family in the 2000s. Meanwhile, the Gambino's GTA 4 counter-part, the Gambetti Crime Family is still the most powerful family since their take over in 1958 (which is funny because Gambino took over as the strongest in 1957, pushing Genovese to the 2nd strongest).

This goes to show that while GTA 4 has created a fictionalized version of New York, it hasn't made as many clothing brands, car brands, and fast food chains as you would see IRL (because it's just impossible to do so) and because of that, IRL clothing brands SHOULD exist in the server.

I guarantee you that most gang members are just going to use the mods they already have and retexture them for New York, and they are 100% going to use IRL clothing brands because again, R* simply cannot provide the culture and clothing brands we need to portray our factions and characters appropriately.

straight facts

• Content Count:  8

• Content Count:  41

On 3/23/2021 at 12:53 PM, Bearcat said:

Something that came to mind just now. "Tourist" items such as FDLC, LCPD, "I LUV LC" shirts, hats. 

+1, I would like to see this as well.

• Followers:  36
  • Content Count:  2,025

Locking this. A new topic will be used.

4DcWtjM.png