Live Update

NPC Traffic in the freeway

eli

NPC Liberty City Highway traffic  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to see NPC traffic in the highways?

• Yes, it would help greatly with immersion.
    • No, I think roleplay servers should have little to no NPCs at all.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  346

3 hours ago, kristofer said:

NPC traffic is something that definitely should be looked into at some point in my very honest opinion as it is what I like to call a vibe, and it helps with the immersion a ton while playing. If we have the tools to add such thing then why not? Doesn't have to be full-blown eight cars stacked behind a red light, but perhaps just one or two cars per street so they're not completely empty which would look odd considering the city we roleplay in.

Random parked cars parked on the sides of the streets would be cool too and there shouldn't be any concerns of texture loss as RageMP had just fixed it completely to some extent.

Screenshot_645.png
Screenshot_324.png

I had this idea before, however I think it would cause more problems than good. While I do see your point, and I do want it as well, here are a few things that I can see being a problem with this: 

1. Causing lagging issues. I'm sure that there might be lagging or desync issues with these, however I'm not sure. 

2. I think that during pursuits or whatever, it will be chaos. I think people may ram into them causing a big pileup, and just causing more problems. However, I think this could be very fun for pursuits as well if roleplayed properly and not slamming into everything. 

Onto your point with it making the city feel more full. I do see your point here, however with LC being a much smaller map then LS, I think it will feel more full regardless. Even having about 100-150 players can make the city feel more full, as you're not gonna have people out in the county, and they will all be within the city. However, if this is possible to do without causing many problems, I would totally be down for it.=

• Like 2

4DcWtjM.png

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  29

10 hours ago, SpeedOfThought said:

1. Causing lagging issues. I'm sure that there might be lagging or desync issues with these, however I'm not sure. 

There will most likely be some desync, on FiveM from my experience it is completely avoidable if you drive smart, keep your distance from other cars, and don't go flying past them at 100+mph when there's a ton of traffic. But this isn't FiveM so everything sync-related should be a lot better I'd assume.

10 hours ago, SpeedOfThought said:

2. I think that during pursuits or whatever, it will be chaos. I think people may ram into them causing a big pileup, and just causing more problems. However, I think this could be very fun for pursuits as well if roleplayed properly and not slamming into everything. 

Pursuits would be very fun I believe as you'd actually need to clear intersections and can't just fly through them. Driving at high speeds would also have huge consciences. And a script could be implemented too to stop traffic in a certain radius perhaps for some legal factions to avoid huge pileups.

KnowUnloreModding.png

• Content Count:  177

6 minutes ago, kristofer said:

There will most likely be some desync, on FiveM from my experience it is completely avoidable if you drive smart, keep your distance from other cars, and don't go flying past them at 100+mph when there's a ton of traffic. But this isn't FiveM so everything sync-related should be a lot better I'd assume.

Pursuits would be very fun I believe as you'd actually need to clear intersections and can't just fly through them. Driving at high speeds would also have huge consciences. And a script could be implemented too to stop traffic in a certain radius perhaps for some legal factions to avoid huge pileups.

1) FiveM running with one sync enabled has better sync than RageMP 2) I highly doubt that NPC traffic on LC map would be enjoyable as it is defined by navmeshes (aka ooga booga scary modding) and from my own experience running LC map on SP well it was bearable but I can definitely see issues when AI goes dum dum mode, because they just can't take good turns due to narrow roads :v #RockstarAIthings. 
3) Even though fun at first I can already see peeps will get bored or headache inducing when AI gets all stupid

74318e645aa009ed3bb29cd5cc66f658.gif

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  29

7 minutes ago, Effect said:

1) FiveM running with one sync enabled has better sync than RageMP 2) I highly doubt that NPC traffic on LC map would be enjoyable as it is defined by navmeshes (aka ooga booga scary modding) and from my own experience running LC map on SP well it was bearable but I can definitely see issues when AI goes dum dum mode, because they just can't take good turns due to narrow roads :v #RockstarAIthings. 

I suppose the pathing could be improved one way or another to fix some of the jank that happens, but would be extremely time consuming?

11 minutes ago, Effect said:

3) Even though fun at first I can already see peeps will get bored or headache inducing when AI gets all stupid

Which is why I think a sweetspot should be found so you don't have traffic up to a point where things start to break apart, but rather a car or two always in your line of sight no matter where you are so it doesn't look like a ghost town. Maybe a bit more if the sync isn't too bad, I'm not quite familiar how it would play out on RageMP at all to be completely honest in terms of sync and all that fun stuff.

11 hours ago, SpeedOfThought said:

Onto your point with it making the city feel more full. I do see your point here, however with LC being a much smaller map then LS, I think it will feel more full regardless. Even having about 100-150 players can make the city feel more full, as you're not gonna have people out in the county, and they will all be within the city. However, if this is possible to do without causing many problems, I would totally be down for it.

If the 150 players would be spread around a single island rather than all four that's available to us then I could actually see it being busy. But the management has no plans to restrict any of the islands which is understandable, I just don't see it looking that full if said players are spread around the entire map rather than a specific area.

KnowUnloreModding.png

• Content Count:  177

4 minutes ago, kristofer said:

I suppose the pathing could be improved one way or another to fix some of the jank that happens, but would be extremely time consuming?

Sadly you pretty much answered your question right here ^

Navmeshes defines the pathing for NPC's and traffic (alas the name - Navigation mesh) Personally dunno how to create them (not many tools for that either + not much information about creation of it either >.>), but my best bet would be that it's at least "easier" to edit existing ones. Atm, I dunno I just wish for the server to boot up, all fancy NPC AI stuff could come later on.

• Like 1

74318e645aa009ed3bb29cd5cc66f658.gif

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  164

NPC might slower the server, at least i think... and we all know how stable is rage

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  203

this is not feasible at all, and would be extremely hard to implement. It would require extensive coding and resources.

• Content Count:  4

1 hour ago, Slankey said:

this is not feasible at all, and would be extremely hard to implement. It would require extensive coding and resources.

It is not very difficult to implement NPC-type traffic and to evaluate areas with a certain speed limit. But at the risk of repeating what someone said in a previous post related to this topic, but a little more explained in terms of terminology.
The client forms some insertion claps, when he wants to read the position and formation of an npc as a direct variable and to interpret the projected route between in a divergence that only allows interference positioning (more precisely if we put 2 top gaming computers in the same internet having the same components, in one player the npc will be 2 meters behind and in the other more in front). The problem is still in the training dispute by those who develop the propagation source (cfx/fivem team).

Application, website or even marketing promotions?

DEVOTOM

Do you need to transport goods to Europe in the shortest possible time?

BRG Transeurope

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  9

+1 This could add realism and a sense of immersion. Only problem would be performance issues.

• Content Count:  178

+1 it will add more to the RP even IF it may cause some issues by the statement made by certain people who disagree it will add more realism if Liberty City is based on New York it will put it onto more decent level

• Like 1