Live Update

Creation of Liberty-City State - Governor & Mayoral Discussion

Brett

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  30

19 hours ago, Celibano said:

I strongly believe that the government architecture should be changed to the portrayal of a de facto city state, but without cutting immersion or realism in any way shape or form. 

This would also be advantageous for the legislative branch. A simple Liberty City Council, with its representatives, can vote without any mental gymnastics or have major continuity issues for matters such as regulating firearms, taxation, business laws, which would usually be something voted by a state legislature.

I still think the Liberty City Government should be imitating or reinterpreting real NYC municipal institutions or NYC government branding aesthetics to the fullest ...

I support this, and these are my main takeaways from the passage. 

The main focus should be on maintaining the government's player-facing components, which is the city government. And ensuring that we do our best to imitate NYC's institutions. Most of the community and players aren't aware or don't care that we're a city-state, NPCing Senators/Governor,  or whatever it may be. 

And if we are maintaining a player-elected legislative body, they should be able to control all laws imposed on the player base. However, I do support some OOC checks by a body such as the faction senate is appropriate for server stability reasons. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  749

Closing this, no longer needed at this time. Thank you all for the replies! 

• Brett locked this topic