Live Update

Fire Department of the City of Liberty - Feedback Thread/Change Log

Karty

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  92

@Skygee has been promoted to Battalion Chief of 32 Battalion.

@Adam has been promoted to Captain of Broker Station.

@Sid has rejoined the faction and will be Lieutenant of Broker Station.

With these changes this once again fills our Command spots for our launching station.

I have decided on a paygrade for all department ranks based off of real life figures and changing them slightly to fit the system at play. This and the overall first budget request will be submitted later today or tomorrow. I will be releasing our payrates to the public once it's submitted. Our future budget requests will also be ICly released to the public.

We are currently about to change how we handle Special Operations once again. This should be the final largescale change to it and the goal is to provide more advancement opportunities for faction members.

• Like 3

The factions initial pay can be found below.

There has been one change to the way our ranking works. The initial goal was to do Firefighter I - IV as a sort of progression path without actually being a new rank per say. Due to the way the budgeting system is going to work I've decided to hold off on that for now. The biggest drawback with this system is if we fill the slots at say Firefighter IV then no one else can progress up to that level unless someone above them leaves the faction. While this is fine for Officer spots it is not entirely normal for regular members. We will be using BFI as the testbed for that sort of progression system to see how it works. If seen to be successful we will implement it across other parts of the Faction. In the meantime @Skygee and @Jorgensen have ideas on other forms of progression for Firefighters and I will be working on some for the EMS side as well. 

bhZtumn.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Ok 1

• 1 month later...

Launch brought some issues for some of our factions equipment. This is being worked on and I have full faith that they will be rectified. 

As a result of some mapping issues our initial station location has been changed. We are operating out of Fishmarket for now and will be for the foreseeable future. Due to this, some of our lore is not up to date and will eventually be fixed.

Currently we're keeping applications closed until we're confident the faction is in a stable state. Due to the time elapsed between our faction being considered finished and the servers launch some things went unnoticed or were simply overlooked. At the time the faction is still operational however we will be focusing on quality above quantity & we will not boost our numbers if that means our roleplay quality diminishes. This means when you call for an ambulance one may not always be available to respond. We will do what we can to have someone online during the peak hours but there are no guarantees. This thread will continuously be updated with the factions general state and what we're doing to continue improvement. The leadership team is working hard to provide a unique experience to our factions members and the general playerbase. I thank the entire command team for continued dedication and some pretty major changes in how we intended things to work.

• Like 3

We have opened applications for EMT and Firefighter positions. These will be opened until we feel we have a solid number of members that can at least have a consistent level of in game presence during peak hours. Even if you have no experience and are unsure of how you'd fit in we'd love to have you. You can submit an application here. If you do have previous experience and would like to bypass most of the training you may submit a lateral transfer request here.

Thxmas has stepped down as the Chief of EMS. I will hold this position for the time being, while I'm not actively seeking out someone to fill this position I will accept letters of interest if you have previous experience in that sort of position.

• 1 month later...

This upcoming Wednesday (the 14th) the FD Forums will be temporarily disabled to complete a significant overhaul of the structure as the faction member section is hard to navigate without your own GPS satellite. I would love to say when exactly it'll be done but to be honest that depends on my will to live once I start messing with it.