Live Update

Advanced Roleplaying Guide

Slipky

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  189

Advanced Roleplay Guide: A few thoughts and tips on how to better the nuances of your roleplay.

Written by Thotboxx & Doherty, on a different community. Edited and rephrased by Slipky.

I’ve noticed that we have 1-2 basic roleplay guides explaining the meaning of powergaming, metagaming, etc, but no guides teaching players how to avoid the “mall rat” or “noob” style of roleplay that has become so prevalent. I’m sure we'll get called elitists when writing this guide, but these are a few things that I honestly believe most players should use when they roleplay. They’ll increase the quality of your roleplay and make more people want to roleplay with you, regardless of whether you’re an expert or a newbie. See this guide as a sort of 10 Commandments type list.

1. Describe what only needs to be described, keep your /me’s short and concise. 
    A lot of people are going to rag on me for this, but I think it finally needs to be said officially. Describing how you sipped your coffee, how you lit your cigarette, and how your character took a breath is unnecessary and wears out whoever’s reading your lines pretty quick. I tend to skip over such lines after 2-3 words because I know I’m reading something pointless. /me sips his coffee (or even /me sips), /me strikes up a X cigarette brand, /me pants et cetera are sufficient.

That being said, you should not worry about WHAT you’re narrating, only HOW you’re doing it. Roleplaying more actions is not a bad thing at all, and breathes a little more life into your character. The amount of actions for the most part is irrelevant, what matters is how much time you spend describing these actions. Also, don’t be afraid to roleplay little details that pertain to your character’s personality. If you want to roleplay your character wearing a certain kind of suit, smoking a specific brand of cigarette, driving a particular car, again, those are fine and breathe life into your character. Just don’t waste people’s time by occupying 2-3 lines explaining every option your character’s car came with or the exact measurements of said suit.

Don’t narrate your character’s thoughts in /me. While /me ponders or /me thinks are fine as they show your character’s performing an action, doing an in depth /me of your character remembering a certain event or narrating their exact thoughts through /me is kinda lame. You should also avoid describing the reasoning behind your character’s actions in /me, i.e /me does X because X. Finally, you’re obviously free to fit multiple actions into one /me. However, I would recommend that you avoid using a lot of commas and simply split them with a period. It’ll make your readers feel a little less winded and draws attention to each action being performed.

Bad example: Frank Necchi reaches into his pocket, withdrawing a lighter, he brings it to the cigarette and lights it before sticking it in his mouth.
    Good example: Frank Necchi strikes up a Winston.
    Good example with extra details: Frank Necchi strikes up a Winston. He sports a flashy engraved lighter.

2. If at all possible, do not use /do. 
    This one will come as a shock to many players, I myself used /do frequently back in the day. But put simply, anything expressed in /do can usually be expressed in /me. The difference between the two is that /me is much less ugly and lacks the OOC brackets and character names that often break the immersion for a moment. Additionally, you should never ask for a response or give a response to an action in /do. This is again, an immersion breaker and generally looks pretty ugly in the chat. If somebody roleplays punching you, restraining you, or any other action that elicits a response, simply reply with a /me indicating your character’s actions. If you’re the one performing the action, be concise as usual and give them a reasonable timeframe to respond. Please don’t use any first person pronouns in /do either. You’re not your character!

Bad examples:
    There are bruises all over my face. (( Frank Necchi ))
    Frank Necchi attempts to handcuff Candon Broadley.
    Able? (( Frank Necchi ))
    Candon is successfully handcuffed. (( Candon Broadley ))

Good examples:
    Frank Necchi’s face is badly bruised.
    Frank Necchi goes in to cuff Candon.
    Candon Broadley’s compliant.

See the difference? In the first example, we linger on these actions for a ridiculous amount of time. But in the second example, both roleplayers are in tune with one another and on an OOC level are collaborating. They understand what’s going on and want to keep the roleplay going without unnecessary delay.

3. Do not forget the /my command.
    I think many players either aren't aware of its existence or are not sure of how to use it properly. It's a highly underrated command which can, once again, help you to cut down/eradicate the use of /do in your roleplay. It can be used to describe a physical aspect of your character (maybe more elegantly so than if you were using /me), such as "/my wearing a black hoodie" or some such description. It can be used in a myriad of ways, really. I often see situations which go as follows;
    A new roleplayer walks into a situation, say a robbery, and the robber or the person being robbed will say something like :
    "/do Robert is on the floor with his hands behind his back." This is a NO NO! You can roleplay this line very elegantly and keep the new arriver perfectly aware of what's occurring with a simple /my line, or a /me.
    "/my on the floor with his hands behind his back."
    This will allow the roleplay to flow properly and not be horribly chopped up with a half-assed /do.

4. OOC Communication. 
    A lot of people will go into /b or even worse, /do to make an OOC comment about something they found funny. Don’t do this guys, it annoys the hell out of people who are trying to stay immersed in their roleplay and have to scroll past your OOC bullshit to do so. If you must make a comment, have the common courtesy to keep it in /pm. Don’t use OOC means to ask somebody what they meant in an emote/chat line either. Either google it if it’s an expression you don’t know or ask ICly. “In what way?” “What do you mean, man?” You’ll get an IC answer to a question that should be IC.

5. Ditch /attempt. 
    Drop the /attempt command. You CANNOT, you genuinely CANNOT be taken seriously as a roleplayer if you use the /attempt command during roleplay. Truth be told, such a command doesn't belong on a heavy RP server such as LCRP. Normalize using /me's to sort out a fight or some other action in the course of which you would usually use /attempt. Fair, well-balanced fight RP (or a myriad of other forms of RP) is perfectly possible through use of colorful language and well thought-out RP lines, and above everything else RPing fairly (i.e. not powergaming! Know your character's limitations, and take that into account when you get involved in a scuffle or some such event, embrace integrity and be true to your character. Don't break the immersion).

But please, for the love of RP, don't use /attempt. How could a scripted command like that ever, and I mean ever, replace the infinite number of possibilities of expressing yourself through /me? Embrace the roleplay, embrace making it fair, embrace LOSING when you have to, don't just let your RP (no matter who you are, if you want to be a brilliant RPer? You can be one) be filed down to some poxy use of /attempt.

6. Grammar Tips. 
    Fix your punctuation and your grammar. If you can't be bothered to log in and give it your best effort in order to roleplay properly, you may as well log off and come back later. Don't half-ass anything. "/me too" is lazy RP. It's too widespread. Embrace the English language and use it to form correct RP lines that are enjoyable to read. Trust me, you'll start enjoying it too. If there's one thing I can recommend to help you with your RP, your English skills and feed your inspiration, is to READ. Read a book. There are plenty of free books online. Find, buy or borrow a book (in English) about a topic that interests you, and trust me, you'll feel your RP improving without even knowing where it comes from. If you can't be bothered to at least do this? I have news for you.

Here’s a few things people often do incorrectly when typing:
    Using ellipses incorrectly. If you are trying to use ellipses, it is “...”
    Not “-...”, not “-..”, not “..” - It is “...”.

Use ellipses to show that your character’s trailing off, or maybe some thoughtfulness in your character’s words. If you’re trying to show they’re being cut off or you need to continue a sentence over multiple lines, use --, not -, not ---, and of course, not -...

People omit words for very little reason. /me too is not grammatically correct, and would be correct if you took the time to type a lovely little “does” between those two words. /me does too is fine. Use commas and periods properly. In a /me, if you are performing two actions, make sure it’s grammatically correct.

Bad examples:
    Frank Necchi grabs his baton, puts it in his belt.
    Frank Necchi grabs his baton. Puts it in his belt.

Good examples:
    Frank Necchi grabs his baton, putting it in his belt.
    Frank Necchi grabs his baton. He puts it in his belt.

Along with this goes the other basic little things. Use periods and commas when necessary. Don’t use apostrophes inappropriately (they should only be used to substitute specific letters that are missing or in contractions, although with the former many people choose to leave them out), nobody wants to see aye’ or gonna’ in the chat. I also have to ask that you roleplay the dialect correctly. Unless your character is a foreigner and would have a different vernacular, don’t go around calling people mate, lad, et cetera. Don’t yell oi to get somebody’s attention. Americans don’t talk like that.

Closing Remarks

Of course, some people on RP servers clearly can't be helped. If you're spending all day idling around the park, playing stupid songs on a boombox or abusing /dance animations without any RP whatsoever, then I suggest you seriously reconsider your right to a spot on the server. For most roleplayers? It's common sense. This is a heavy roleplay server, and nobody has any excuse to treat it in some other way. Act like people do in real life, and you'll realise that your RP is improving. Think before you act. Now, don't get me wrong here; these points are harsh, but they're the truth, and it's what a lot of people need to hear. It's not elitism, it's realism. This is 2021. Another thing; once you're intent on improving your RP, LEAD BY EXAMPLE. Don't tolerate people acting like idiots and roleplaying lazily and improperly. Call people out on their bullshit. Don't just sit on the fence and watch people drag down the standards.

If you think realism cannot be fun or entertaining, I ask you to browse the character story and faction archive sections of the forums. And when you look back on your character's development? You'll realize. You'll see WHY you're RPing realistically. There's nothing more satisfying RP-wise than building a character from scratch and watching him grow and evolve, and RP accordingly.
It's this long standing disdain for realism that has held a lot of servers back and prevented people from getting the recognition they deserve on other communities. It's about time we get rid of this irrational fear of not being able to defy reality, assuming doing so would be “fun”.

People often tell roleplayers like us to go and roleplay within our little groups. That's what we've done for so long, but we're starting to get fed up. Why is it that in a roleplay server we must form our own little club just to enjoy ourselves, lest we get harassed by the rest of the server who's never been taught how to roleplay properly? Why is it unreasonable to suggest that we raise our standards so that almost every player on RC-RP can interact with one another and at least be able to say they didn't have a negative interaction. The issue has never truly been our player base. We could operate with half of LS-RP's and still do fine for ourselves. The issue is that of that half, a minute amount can provide anything of value to the server. So to end this guide, I ask every reader. Why is this okay, and if it's not, what are we going to do about it?

That’s all folks. Happy roleplaying.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

• Content Count:  270

Couple things that may be worth adding:

-Emoting thoughts and feelings is a big no. It looks stupid, incites metagame and doesn't make sense. /me's are to describe what others would see your character physically doing. Nobody is a mind reader. I see this quite often, things like:

/me is 17 years old.

/me looks at ___, wondering why they're wearing cat ears.

-Using /ame's as a constant form of emoting. These are for quick actions, usually a few words at most, and don't appear in chat. If your character is doing something most people around you would notice, type out a whole /me so others can react accordingly. I've even seen it in robbery RP, such as:

/ame shoves the lockpick into the driver's side door lock.

On the topic of grammar and punctuation, if you're adding ~ after your chat lines to make it seem like you're being cute or flirty, just stop.

Finally, something that I've seen much debate about but looks tremendously dumb is adding chat into a /me.

/me looks at ___, saying "That's crazy."

Looking at or acknowledging someone in a /me is enough to imply who you're talking to. Just type out a normal chat line after. Please. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Katja said:

Couple things that may be worth adding:

-Emoting thoughts and feelings is a big no. It looks stupid, incites metagame and doesn't make sense. /me's are to describe what others would see your character physically doing. Nobody is a mind reader. I see this quite often, things like:

/me is 17 years old.

/me looks at ___, wondering why they're wearing cat ears.

-Using /ame's as a constant form of emoting. These are for quick actions, usually a few words at most, and don't appear in chat. If your character is doing something most people around you would notice, type out a whole /me so others can react accordingly. I've even seen it in robbery RP, such as:

/ame shoves the lockpick into the driver's side door lock.

On the topic of grammar and punctuation, if you're adding ~ after your chat lines to make it seem like you're being cute or flirty, just stop.

Finally, something that I've seen much debate about but looks tremendously dumb is adding chat into a /me.

/me looks at ___, saying "That's crazy."

Looking at or acknowledging someone in a /me is enough to imply who you're talking to. Just type out a normal chat line after. Please. 

Noted. I'll probably amend some of your points in.

Thanks for the feedback!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  34

I think a lot of this guide is real good, but I feel the concise thing is always taken a little too far. Concise is good, but 1-3 words is only acceptable for very menial things in my opinion. A lot of things need description. Otherwise, you get the "stick-up kid" roleplayer stereotypes that do /me quickly pats down x. Then /b "show me your inventory stop stalling" directly after. Very short and concise lines can be very bad roleplay if not used well. Keeping your writing short doesn't make you a good roleplayer and I feel a lot of people - especially in the GTA RP community focus on this detail a tad much and become extremely bland and often very bad roleplayers as a result. The how is certainly important, but where is also important as well. /me draws his Glock. is concise and straightforward but it's extremely bland and lacks anything interesting. /me yanks his shirt up and draws his Glock, bringing it to a low ready. however is still concise, while at the same time expressing aspects of the character. Roleplaying is to some extent a medium of writing and portraying a person, a little character goes a long way with that. It also helps quite a bit to accentuate in a way. Bland, lifeless emotes tend to keep things easily flowing but also boring. Adding a little flair in subtle ways is a simple and easy way to be much more enjoyable to roleplay with, personally. This is however an opinion, though that leads me into the point - which is it seems the preference of roleplay of a certain group is seemingly pressed as the concept of making you a good roleplayer, which I find odd. I may be misinterpreting it, but that's how it seems to come off whenever I read these.

Another thing I think should be a more important part of such guides is the idea of action and reaction. It's an extremely important part of roleplay that people don't seem to pay much mind to. I find people often lack this concept and thus don't know how to continue roleplay in a lot of cases, causing things to fumble. It's a big thing in the 'noob' side of roleplay, and I feel such a concept is usually a good way to help them out of that. What I mean is mostly self explanatory. For every action given to you, you react to it, and give your own action. Including both often creates a very enjoyable roleplay. The reaction lets the other party know you acknowledge their roleplay, and the action participates on your end in return. It creates a certain flow that makes roleplay continue naturally quite easily. The better roleplayers I've noticed tend to do it naturally, but many struggle with it. I.E in IC conversations, idle chatter, small actions, etc. This IMO is a very important foundation to good roleplay that most people don't ever practice.

It's much easier to be concise and clean when you have a basic format kind of idea of how to respond to roleplay. It's something I used to teach new roleplayers way way back in 2010, as well as more recent years while roleplaying on MMOs like ESO and SWTOR. It's helped everyone I've taught learn pretty fast. Pairing that idea with simply taking in the roleplay of the good roleplayers around you makes you learn rather quickly. I suppose my over-all point is that this topic doesn't feel like an advanced roleplaying guide, but simply a guide on how you should write your /me's for the preference of a certain portion of GTA roleplayers. It won't fix any of the problems of bad roleplay because it doesn't teach fundamentals. Grammar and /me's shouldn't be hyper-focused, while they are important, simply making a nice looking /me that's short and straightforward doesn't make for good roleplay at all. Short and concise looks good for a screenshot on the forums and that's mostly where it ends in it's utility. More times than not it creates bad roleplayers that still don't understand.

I think there should be a few other sections in this, such as the reaction and action, what types of things should be expressed with a little more detail that's specific to your character and what should just be a few words. These, as well as expressing what roleplay is actually about, as I feel that is severely ignored even by the "good roleplayers" around the various communities. I don't know about you, but many of these people to me always feel more like they're playing a role for the purpose of forum screenshot thread development. Roleplaying in itself specifically should be playing a living breathing person before anything else. Personality, mental development and the small, minor details are extremely important to a good example of a roleplayer. Your faction shouldn't matter more than your character, a lot of people struggle with that I feel. I.E a gang member getting lost in the sauce and reeing over his gang's cooler yada yada instead of actually focusing on roleplaying a real person in that life, feeling the harsh consequences of their actions. Or a cop that feels like they're more worried about the actual job and treating the roleplay as if it's LSPD:FR multiplayer. Every side has their stereotype with this and it's extremely common in both legal and illegal rp. Guides on these kinds of subjects is what I'd personally like to see in a guide toting itself as an advanced roleplaying guide.

Again, I don't mean to rag on anything, what's here is quite good. I just think it's far more of a basic starter's manual for GTA Roleplay than an advanced roleplaying guide due to it's lack of meaningful material to learn from. Some may get use out of it, but I feel with what it has? It's just going to also contribute to adding more bad roleplay as well when people think all they need is a clean /me to be a good roleplayer.

Also, another BIG portion of this should be focused on standards in roleplay. Like, for the noobs that peep this topic and read through: It doesn't matter what you roleplay. If you're going to RP some pornstar, a model, a gang member, a mechanic, a swat team operator, or some kid in the car scene with a beater he slings around after midnight. Make. Sure. Your. Standards. Are. High. Research what you're roleplaying so you can portray it in the realistic way that it exists in real life. You're not a mallrat because you RP some e-girl twitter thot stereotype, you're a mallrat because your roleplay is utterly unrealistic and has no sense of standard or realism to it. Have standards and everyone will respect your RP except for trolls that don't matter. I've had too many scenarios where I was recognized as one of the few people rping a certain stereotype well and actually being a good rper. I don't like that that's a thing. If you don't keep your standards high, you ruin the image of everyone else roleplaying in that area and cause them to get tossed in and thus resent you for it. More toxic shit is definitely not needed in GTA RP and low standard rpers are a big cause of it.

That's all for my 2AM ramblings, though. I write way too much and this might be all over the place idefk. I hope it's understandable. Take from it what you will, if anything at all.

(I will add; anyone calling people an elitist over a guide like this is a goofball. This is the preference of a lot of modern GTA RP, not elitism. The right balance of a little detail and a little character while keeping it nice and concise (but don't overdo it on being concise)  is where it peaks for me personally. Time and place for short lines, time and place for longer lines.)

• Like 6

• Followers:  2

On 6/11/2021 at 12:20 PM, smokey said:

(I will add; anyone calling people an elitist over a guide like this is a goofball. This is the preference of a lot of modern GTA RP, not elitism. The right balance of a little detail and a little character while keeping it nice and concise (but don't overdo it on being concise)  is where it peaks for me personally. Time and place for short lines, time and place for longer lines.)

Very nice and informative post. I 100% agree with what you said. 

I never understood this elitist name-calling trend, it's always been a thing for a lazy demographic that usually misinterprets roleplay as a whole. You either put work and dedication to your craft (through that balance mentioned above) or you don't. People think that actual roleplay (with effort) is over the top because they either have a wrong perception of it or are actually trying to enjoy the game as an RPG instead but through roleplay means, if that makes sense. I've always hated the ''it's a game, you shouldn't take it seriously'', it's a bit ironic. Yes, it's a game, that's what the game IS. It might feel "serious" because it's descriptive, information is all this game is, and it takes a certain type of mindset to understand and enjoy it. If more people properly understood the dynamic of it, I think they wouldn't keep the "you're an elitist" condemnation.

If you take it overboard to gain rep points, you're just goofy. Trying to promote a certain general standard that doesn't push you north, south, east or west is one thing and shoving things down someone's throat to play-pretend as a professional is another. I think what you said here and the guide above are exactly in the middle, a balanced reference of general do's and don'ts.

As a side-note to /me's, /me's are just a means to an end because the game doesn't give you options to manipulate your character. Things like pulling a gun, getting out of a car, jumping from a bike, things that are clearly visible to the player and part of the game interactions itself shouldn't be part of the general roleplay. I've seen this happen so many times in other communities and people getting punished by administrators for it. This is just stupid to my eyes. If a character can react in the same exact timeframe as a real person would for, say, pulling out a gun, what the hell is the purpose of delaying that for a blob of text? It doesn't contribute to anything besides monotonizing /me's as an absolute requirement for everything you do when it's not supposed to be used that way.

/do's, I feel, have always been misinterpreted. I agree that they should not have any sort of RP value, but should be as a way to avoid using /b during roleplay as an absolute last resort. I think most people agree that /b is an absolute cancer that should be avoided. I cannot count how many times a good roleplay scene was marred by an unwanted /b because someone had to either go pee, go for a smoke, or whatever the hell else. I might exaggerate, but the a clean flow of roleplay without any other distractions in the chat can make all the difference, and most don't notice this. The WORST sin of them all is using /b to influence the RP, (for example, a police officer cuffing a suspect and his colleague goes on /b saying ''they're already cuffed") and using it as a substitute. This is where I feel /do should only come in and nowhere else, to relate information related to a roleplay scene and continue it through /me's. It shouldn't be used to communicate, or worse, argue over petty details.

I've always wanted to take this off my chest so I hope it has some value in this context.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/11/2021 at 12:20 PM, smokey said:

Snip (Won't quote it all due to post size 😛 )

I generally agree with you. All I wanted to do in this guide is to give a few tips and advice on how to do stuff. That's all. 

You and @Celibano added some valid points - Thank you guys for that.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  34

6 hours ago, Celibano said:

Spoiler

Very nice and informative post. I 100% agree with what you said. 

I never understood this elitist name-calling trend, it's always been a thing for a lazy demographic that usually misinterprets roleplay as a whole. You either put work and dedication to your craft (through that balance mentioned above) or you don't. People think that actual roleplay (with effort) is over the top because they either have a wrong perception of it or are actually trying to enjoy the game as an RPG instead but through roleplay means, if that makes sense. I've always hated the ''it's a game, you shouldn't take it seriously'', it's a bit ironic. Yes, it's a game, that's what the game IS. It might feel "serious" because it's descriptive, information is all this game is, and it takes a certain type of mindset to understand and enjoy it. If more people properly understood the dynamic of it, I think they wouldn't keep the "you're an elitist" condemnation.

If you take it overboard to gain rep points, you're just goofy. Trying to promote a certain general standard that doesn't push you north, south, east or west is one thing and shoving things down someone's throat to play-pretend as a professional is another. I think what you said here and the guide above are exactly in the middle, a balanced reference of general do's and don'ts.

As a side-note to /me's, /me's are just a means to an end because the game doesn't give you options to manipulate your character. Things like pulling a gun, getting out of a car, jumping from a bike, things that are clearly visible to the player and part of the game interactions itself shouldn't be part of the general roleplay. I've seen this happen so many times in other communities and people getting punished by administrators for it. This is just stupid to my eyes. If a character can react in the same exact timeframe as a real person would for, say, pulling out a gun, what the hell is the purpose of delaying that for a blob of text? It doesn't contribute to anything besides monotonizing /me's as an absolute requirement for everything you do when it's not supposed to be used that way.

/do's, I feel, have always been misinterpreted. I agree that they should not have any sort of RP value, but should be as a way to avoid using /b during roleplay as an absolute last resort. I think most people agree that /b is an absolute cancer that should be avoided. I cannot count how many times a good roleplay scene was marred by an unwanted /b because someone had to either go pee, go for a smoke, or whatever the hell else. I might exaggerate, but the a clean flow of roleplay without any other distractions in the chat can make all the difference, and most don't notice this. The WORST sin of them all is using /b to influence the RP, (for example, a police officer cuffing a suspect and his colleague goes on /b saying ''they're already cuffed") and using it as a substitute. This is where I feel /do should only come in and nowhere else, to relate information related to a roleplay scene and continue it through /me's. It shouldn't be used to communicate, or worse, argue over petty details.

I've always wanted to take this off my chest so I hope it has some value in this context.

Very well said, I've always felt the same. Can be frustrating at times but I always try to keep a mostly civil way of talking otherwise the conversation just goes nowhere. I especially agree with your /do. I've always used it in that way as it's the way we taught new players to use it back in the apocalyptic server that I'm from on samp, as well as how I was taught back in like late 2009 - early 2010 lsrp.

2 hours ago, Slipky said:

I generally agree with you. All I wanted to do in this guide is to give a few tips and advice on how to do stuff. That's all. 

You and @Celibano added some valid points - Thank you guys for that.

🙏 Well, on the bright side, anyone coming to the topic should see that stuff at least and get a little more help without you needing to edit anything. Like I said in my post, it's good stuff, I just think the extra points are need it for it to be really useful for the newer players that don't fully understand what roleplaying actually is. Celibano was right when he said it's frequently misinterpreted. Though any effort in trying to help people grow as roleplayers should be appreciated imo. Especially when the usual is to just insult people instead among other players/communities. So respect for that. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  181

I personally try to put a bit of detail into my /me as a way of immersing myself into the world and creating a sense of atmosphere around my character. I agree though that overdoing the detail consistently can be burdensome and that a middle ground would be better suited. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  1

I disagree with your coverage of /my here. Most of your examples should use "/me is" instead. Using 's instead of is, is unncessary and confusing. You should instead use it for things like /my clothing looks old and worn, or instead "/my face sports several bruises and scars from a recent fight."

On the other hand, I 100% agree with the over-use of /do. You should use /do to narrate and bring a bit of context to the scene, not ask questions.

• Content Count:  52

This is great! I'm relatively surprised when people ask me how do I get the 's behind my name, even though I'm just using the command /my. 
Not to mention the times where people go around and express their thoughts and stuff in their /me's, gets pretty irritating and well, unnecessary.

Good job overall, very informal and hopefully helpful for someone reading this!

1994704405_macarespng.png.8459db44d7b47a9dd6648861909b1b80.png