Live Update

Prison Roleplay: The Absolute Basics.

Slipky

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  122

11 hours ago, -KL- said:

Do you have any evidence to back this up? Since I highly doubt that there's a wood car in NY's prison/jail system. Inmates mostly differentiate themselves by gang association and not race (take a look at the posts above). But it would be interesting to look through any evidence that says otherwise if you have something.

@Slipky is this thread going to be updated to better depict NY's climate any time soon? We've been waiting for a while!

Skinheads and Woods in New Jersey (which has a borough in L.C.): Atlantic City Skinhead | Terrorist Groups | TRAC (trackingterrorism.org)

Doc Marten Skinheads in New York, whom would more than likely coerce Caucasians to join their ranks via the prison system: WHITE PRISON GANGS: Skinheads

It's the idea that these gangs exist within prison. Hence, non-affiliated whites tend to earn their protection for simply hanging with them. It's still racially divided (but not on the level of California, as we've established that pods are more gang-based than race-based), even though certain "sets" may inter-link with one another based on their "Nation" (I.E. People's Nation and Folk Nation). The average non-affiliated white man that enters prison? They aren't affiliated to any gang, MC etc... so, they attain protection from white prison inmates that have power, such as the MCs, Mobsters, and Peckerwood gangs, whom are "WOODS".

I addressed that the NY prison system isn't primarily motivated by race, but there's still the idea of "Whites sticking together" when white gang-members tend to overpower the non-affiliated whites in prison. A solo Caucasian criminal WILL get punked by Black sets and Hispanic sets, which is why they'd stick with the whites. What are the chances that a Caucasian criminal will work with Bloods, Crips etc... compared to a white prisoner? Which "white prisoner" would more than likely run the pod? A white gang-member, which would more than likely be a Peckerwood that would prefer to "protect the race" and attain manpower against the other sets. 

Their presence is weak, but it doesn't mean that they don't exist. They primarily work and ally with the Latinos sets.

The word "Woods" doesn't always mean Peckerwood Gang, either... White MCs in prisons are "Woods", Irish Mafia in prisons are "Woods". The word "Woods" simply means "White Inmate". Whites stick together MORE than with other races. The average Caucasian non-affiliated criminal will more than likely work with other whites in the Pod, simply because you aren't really associated with the Black and Latino gangs unless you are a member of either of their sets... they'll punk you.

That's how "Woods" exist in prison. They stick together for that reason. If you aren't willing to join the Black and Latino sets in prison? Then, you're sticking with whites.

Now, if you're a white inmate that is affiliated with Bloods or Crips? Then, you aren't hanging with the "Woods", despite being a "Wood". You're hanging with the set, as the set will protect you.

But... a "Woods" car does exist when you have white prison inmates sticking together and calling the shots within their own group. It's a mixture of M.C.s, Peckerwood Gangs, Mobs, and "non-affiliated" whites. It's not SIMPLY the "Aryan Brotherhood" in NY. In New Jersey (Which is a borough in L.C.)? It exists.

That's why I stated "Racial division still exists, but not on the level of California, as cliques and gangs dominate the prison scene".

EDIT: I want to add on top of this. If you're lucky? You may join an Islamic clique if you're willing to convert to Islam or a Native-American clique to defend yourself against the gangs. But... yeah... non-affiliated whites mostly stick with whites, and the strongest white is either a Peckerwood, Mobsters, or Biker (Woods Car). On another note... Eastern-European cliques will very rarely accept a non-Eastern-European... they are separate from the "White Car".

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  20

On 9/16/2021 at 10:38 AM, Ras said:

Skinheads and Woods in New Jersey (which has a borough in L.C.): Atlantic City Skinhead | Terrorist Groups | TRAC (trackingterrorism.org)

Doc Marten Skinheads in New York, whom would more than likely coerce Caucasians to join their ranks via the prison system: WHITE PRISON GANGS: Skinheads

Not trying to sound annoying, but LC is based on NY and not NJ according to the server's continuity. Also, those sources explain what a skinhead is and don't talk much about criminal skinheads in NY (unless I missed something!). As a result, there are probably only minor criminal skinhead gangs in NY and its prisons.....probably (it's hard to find anything online).

The word "Woods" doesn't always mean Peckerwood Gang, either... White MCs in prisons are "Woods", Irish Mafia in prisons are "Woods". The word "Woods" simply means "White Inmate". Whites stick together MORE than with other races. The average Caucasian non-affiliated criminal will more than likely work with other whites in the Pod, simply because you aren't really associated with the Black and Latino gangs unless you are a member of either of their sets... they'll punk you.

The term "Peckerwood" is a really broad one and is mainly used in California and other parts of the Southern USA (Texas, Florida....). I'm pretty sure it doesn't get tossed around in NY (at least I haven't heard them say it in several videos that I've watched about NY's prisons and its former inmates).

EDIT: I want to add on top of this. If you're lucky? You may join an Islamic clique if you're willing to convert to Islam or a Native-American clique to defend yourself against the gangs. 

That indeed is true. I'll try to find the video where I've heard a former NY inmate mention this group and I'll add the link via an edit for anyone interested (if I'll be able to successfully locate the video ofc).

Overall, I'm still not sure how whites get around in NY's prisons (maybe the number is too little for the big ones to care?). It would be cool to explore more sources if anyone has something.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  42

• Content Count:  42

• 9 months later...

• Content Count:  3

any information about how new york gang politics work? I'm from California, so i'm curious what goes on in New York prisons. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  345

Very good guide, and I'm sure a lot of people (including myself) will find this very useful when roleplaying on the inside! 

4DcWtjM.png

• Content Count:  183

A decent guide that would greatly help a player entering prison for the first time or wanting to roleplay inside while incarcerated.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  35

18 hours ago, smiling faces said:

any information about how new york gang politics work? I'm from California, so i'm curious what goes on in New York prisons. 

Someone once mentioned that California and New York are completely different. California has a ton strict politics in its prison system while New York is more lax. 

I recall researching about New York's prison system like eight months ago so I could be wrong.