Live Update

What factions are you excited for?

Slankey

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  192

organized crime and fbi (it rhymes)

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  145

Government, LCCP, FBI, and Cosa Nostra families, especially with the Commission.

I reckon each sets a precedent for how the economy/factions' scene is going to work and how high the standards are. If any of them fails to deliver then it sets up lower expectations for others.

pi fari un giuvanottu i malavita

• Content Count:  11

I’d love to see an modern day Irish mob faction, saw two of them that are archived so I don’t know if it’s going to happen or not. I’d be down for participating in something like that in the very least.

• Content Count:  178

13 minutes ago, GypsyViper said:

I’d love to see an modern day Irish mob faction, saw two of them that are archived so I don’t know if it’s going to happen or not. I’d be down for participating in something like that in the very least.

Nice

5 minutes ago, Alexander Zhao said:

Question: Would modern Irish mob have Allegiance to IRA?

Depends really, historical it was various branches of the IRA, and the only allegiance to the IRA would be the modern day Real IRA and New IRA to give an idea rather than the original Provo IRA they split from.

So I can see it happening especially if an individual feels a strong connection to that whether it be through how they were raised or what their family history was like. We’re talking 3rd or 4th generation guys that might still be sympathetic to the cause, so it’s entirely plausible that it can happen depending on who it is and what their priorities are. I’d rather it be individual based because it’s different from the 80s where you had guys smuggling weapons in to Ireland from America, but it’s not impossible to have it go on today, though to be fair the IRA doesn’t just get weapons from the Irish mob in America during that time, there was also the Libyans they stroke deals with as well.

All in all I prefer that to be an individual case, but that would be fun to have a scheme where the Irish mob is fronting money and weapons for the New or Real IRA.

8 minutes ago, GypsyViper said:

Depends really, historical it was various branches of the IRA, and the only allegiance to the IRA would be the modern day Real IRA and New IRA to give an idea rather than the original Provo IRA they split from.

So I can see it happening especially if an individual feels a strong connection to that whether it be through how they were raised or what their family history was like. We’re talking 3rd or 4th generation guys that might still be sympathetic to the cause, so it’s entirely plausible that it can happen depending on who it is and what their priorities are. I’d rather it be individual based because it’s different from the 80s where you had guys smuggling weapons in to Ireland from America, but it’s not impossible to have it go on today, though to be fair the IRA doesn’t just get weapons from the Irish mob in America during that time, there was also the Libyans they stroke deals with as well.

All in all I prefer that to be an individual case, but that would be fun to have a scheme where the Irish mob is fronting money and weapons for the New or Real IRA.

I see. 

6 minutes ago, GypsyViper said:

To preface, this ain’t the 70s or the 80s where you had Danny Greene from Cleveland bombing the shit out of dudes, I think a lot of hits would be down low type of thing and quick like popping someone twice and dumping them in the river. Just not as crazy as it was back then.

Don’t need a newbie running about bombing everyone like it’s the Troubles in the 70s-80s. It needs to be smart.

I see. Fair enough. Thank you.

• Like 1

No problem! I’m down to see the modern day Irish mob come to this server, soon as I see it, I’m down.

• Content Count:  42

fuck the fbi

• Brett locked this topic