Live Update

Community Update - #004 - It's Time to Wind Up

Biography

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  145

Will the economy receive a simulation/test run part of integral/public testing before the server launch or do you plan on testing the basics and improving the system over time when the server is live?

Considering it's a complex system designed from scratch and therefore unlikely to work in the real world since it hasn't been subject to environmental selection forces while being developed. 

Other than that, I'm glad for the update seeing progress, and getting closer to launch. Awesome job.

• Insightful 1

pi fari un giuvanottu i malavita

• Followers:  36
  • Content Count:  2,025

5 minutes ago, Rodrigo_Ferrer said:

Will the economy receive a simulation/test run part of integral/public testing before the server launch or do you plan on testing the basics and improving the system over time when the server is live?

Considering it's a complex system designed from scratch and therefore unlikely to work in the real world since it hasn't been subject to environmental selection forces while being developed. 

Other than that, I'm glad for the update seeing progress, and getting closer to launch. Awesome job.

Thank you for the positive feedback!

It is difficult to answer this since in order to test the economy dynamics in detail with analytical studies, it requires continuous testing with a big number of players, as well as various factors such as faction budgets, salary cuts, injections, etc. Unfortunately, this will be impossible to do during the public testing due to 2 main reasons:

• we don't expect huge interest in testing assistance since most players are not interested in that, based on 2 previous attempts
  • will be difficult to simulate an active society with the aforementioned considerations

The basics of it will be as far as we can go, as per my estimation. As long as the maths is correct, we shouldn't experience any game breaking economy issues. The biggest issue that will be faced is inflation, however, there are OOC ways of limiting that to a degree so it doesn't get out of control quickly. 

One of the other primary issues is that players, traditionally, don't spend the money they accumulate unless they buy vehicles/apartments. With the introduction of taxation, however, as well as the way that paychecks are given, this shouldn't be a major issue. We've put effort to create a system where taxation is dynamic and fully dependent on the government, so again there both IC and OOC instruments to fix that issue.

We of course can't predict everything that would happen in such dynamic environment, however, our team is adaptable and I don't foresee big problems, at least during the first months.

• Like 2

4DcWtjM.png

• Brett changed the title to Community Update - #004 - It's Time to Wind Up
  • Brett unpinned and locked this topic