Live Update

Some numbers I've been going over.

GioSerpo

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  14

So, I watched the trailers and was reading through the comments. I saw this one that was clearly made in bad faith, but he did kind of have a point. Now, I want to see this server succeed, because, the way things seem, it's going to be better than any existing GTA V RP server. So, the comment in question was more so a troll saying that a flashy trailer would only do so much. Obviously he was a troll, a bot, or otherwise sent in an attempt to smear the reputation, but, I've not seen the numbers I'm about to bring up be addressed.

So, the discord was hoovering at 2170ish members in August, and that was at it's peak. Last check, it's down to around 2000. That's a loss of about 34 per month, which isn't much. What's scary to me is that between the peak and the upload of the video it had only dropped to around 2130ish, or approximately 13 per month, but between the upload of the video and now, it's lost about 33 per month. Of course, total discord users can't tell the whole story, but, history repeats itself. I watched a community that had a discord with around 7,000 members, about 500 or so were active within the discord. The community launched, and only got to a maximum of about 100 players on the first day. After that, the average count was about 30.

Now, obviously the downward trend in members is a total non-issue if the server drops in the coming months, but things happen. Sudden surprise roadblocks can pop up (and, from the looks of it, they already have once) and push things back even further. Are there plans in place in case this happens, to retain some of the losses? Are there plans in place to account for the fact that history might repeat itself?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  251

Interesting viewpoint! I for one think we’ll have to wait and see what actually transpires at server launch. This isn’t realistically one of those things you can make assumptions on because although the discord has 2k members, a lot of people that might wanna join the server in the future may also not be part of the discord server, therefore giving an estimate on how many players there will be at launch is in my opinion, rather tough. I don’t speak for community management or anything but I think there’s definitely some intention to expand onto the existing script or simply create community engagement if the server starts slowly losing its playerbase. What LCRP strives for is creating a new roleplay environment and giving players a new era of roleplay overall, and I hope we can achieve that.

• Like 1

I'm extremely hopeful that this server can achieve that. NGL, from what I've seen, everything is done right. Transparency, involving the community in what will be the final product, a whole team of devs instead of one or two. If I'm being honest, I can't see this server failing in either of the ways I brought up. Like you said, making predictions with so little data to actually go on is unrealistic. It's more out of worry for me, because I have seen communities with similar pre-launch numbers fail. As it stands right now, there isn't a decent RP server on V. I've been RPing since the days of VC:MP, so I'm starting to miss it, lol. The community I mentioned had a short lived life on V due to a myriad of reasons, and, while it was by no means perfect, it sufficed. It filled the void that the current servers haven't.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  63

Hopeful but at the end of the day, hard to predict using discord metrics. Interesting take though.

• Followers:  36
  • Content Count:  2,025

@GioSerpo I have to admit this is a very interesting discussion. One that I've had with @Brett on many occasions.

I won't go into detail regarding that comment, but it is a false comment because the trailers are not just "flashy" so we can grab your attention. The trailers are the intro of LCRP and how it is going to operate. They are an introduction to the lore that we plan to expand and involve you in. So, I view it as an uneducated comment. The person is obviously unaware of what LCRP is, nor the fact that the lore for this whole thing was constructed many months ago and it took us a lot of time to do it. 

Now, what you say is true and we have seen a drop in our discord numbers. I had actually predicted that we would observer a drop of 300-400 people. Don't get me wrong, the potential players we lost is still bad. Losing 1 player is bad enough. I have to be honest, however, and say that discord numbers don't necessarily indicate success/failure. How can you be sure that most of our discord members are not just random bots? I prefer to look at other measures when evaluating the interest that LCRP generates.

I hate this mentality having 3000-4000 discord members can very easily cloud my judgement and lead me to believe that LCRP is the best. Very dangerous mindset that has the potential to do significant damage. Whilst discord/forum numbers should be surveilled at all times, we gotta be careful with our own conclusions about it. 

I agree with you on the topic of history repeating itself. We as management have to very open-minded and careful not to repeat the history of many communities that have failed. We do have plans in place, both for discord/forum number increase, as well as maintaining a good playerbase. Forgive me for not disclosing those, but they will remain private for now due to strategic purposes. 

One thing I want to say is that we always try to think 5 steps in advance. The current leadership is very competent and I can only hope it continues to be like that. Unfortunately, many communities with tremendous potential have collapsed due to the inability of the leadership to function as a collective. At the moment, we don't have that issue here.

• Like 3

4DcWtjM.png

3 hours ago, Biography said:

@GioSerpo I have to admit this is a very interesting discussion. One that I've had with @Brett on many occasions.

I won't go into detail regarding that comment, but it is a false comment because the trailers are not just "flashy" so we can grab your attention. The trailers are the intro of LCRP and how it is going to operate. They are an introduction to the lore that we plan to expand and involve you in. So, I view it as an uneducated comment. The person is obviously unaware of what LCRP is, nor the fact that the lore for this whole thing was constructed many months ago and it took us a lot of time to do it. 

Now, what you say is true and we have seen a drop in our discord numbers. I had actually predicted that we would observer a drop of 300-400 people. Don't get me wrong, the potential players we lost is still bad. Losing 1 player is bad enough. I have to be honest, however, and say that discord numbers don't necessarily indicate success/failure. How can you be sure that most of our discord members are not just random bots? I prefer to look at other measures when evaluating the interest that LCRP generates.

I hate this mentality having 3000-4000 discord members can very easily cloud my judgement and lead me to believe that LCRP is the best. Very dangerous mindset that has the potential to do significant damage. Whilst discord/forum numbers should be surveilled at all times, we gotta be careful with our own conclusions about it. 

I agree with you on the topic of history repeating itself. We as management have to very open-minded and careful not to repeat the history of many communities that have failed. We do have plans in place, both for discord/forum number increase, as well as maintaining a good playerbase. Forgive me for not disclosing those, but they will remain private for now due to strategic purposes. 

One thing I want to say is that we always try to think 5 steps in advance. The current leadership is very competent and I can only hope it continues to be like that. Unfortunately, many communities with tremendous potential have collapsed due to the inability of the leadership to function as a collective. At the moment, we don't have that issue here.

That is reassuring. Very much so. As a former business owner myself, I understand the strategy around not wanting to disclose future growth potential. I had originally stated when I was creating the topic, that a simple yes or no would suffice, but i removed that line before posting because, reading it out loud, it had an assholeish sound to it, and I'm not trying to be that guy. Sounds to me like you've lost less than you had predicted which, in my eyes is a very good sign. I think we can safely lock this discussion now. I see great things ahead.

• Content Count:  343

I have a lot of hope for this server, and ever since I joined, I saw something different in this server compared to other servers. Something that I think will bring in more players, and help us out. This is one reason why I joined the staff team. I want this to be the best RP server out there, and I think this is very possible. Currently with GTA:W holding a monopoly on RP servers, I think having a different server to play on, especially one based in LC, will bring in some players for us. Of course, our player base is impossible to predict, but I think there is some very serious potential with this server, and I have a lot of hope for it. Right now all we can do is see what happens, but I will do my best from my end to help out where I can and help make this the best RP server out there. 

• Love 1

4DcWtjM.png

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  746

At the end of the day, discord members don't predict server numbers nor vice-versa. Anymore then forum numbers predict discord numbers. If people truly want to give the server a shot, they can give it a shot and if they like it we hope that they stick around. If not, the whole point of this is to offer choices for people to come and enjoy a video game. We have our own methods of how we run and envision this server as a community, and others have their own. We can't predict with any accuracy what we may have, or what we will have. We can just say, only time will tell when the day comes which depends on a lot of factors that may be unforseen, known, in our control, and out of our control. My two cents. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  177

On 1/23/2023 at 10:32 AM, GioSerpo said:

So, I watched the trailers and was reading through the comments. I saw this one that was clearly made in bad faith, but he did kind of have a point. Now, I want to see this server succeed, because, the way things seem, it's going to be better than any existing GTA V RP server. So, the comment in question was more so a troll saying that a flashy trailer would only do so much. Obviously he was a troll, a bot, or otherwise sent in an attempt to smear the reputation, but, I've not seen the numbers I'm about to bring up be addressed.

So, the discord was hoovering at 2170ish members in August, and that was at it's peak. Last check, it's down to around 2000. That's a loss of about 34 per month, which isn't much. What's scary to me is that between the peak and the upload of the video it had only dropped to around 2130ish, or approximately 13 per month, but between the upload of the video and now, it's lost about 33 per month. Of course, total discord users can't tell the whole story, but, history repeats itself. I watched a community that had a discord with around 7,000 members, about 500 or so were active within the discord. The community launched, and only got to a maximum of about 100 players on the first day. After that, the average count was about 30.

Now, obviously the downward trend in members is a total non-issue if the server drops in the coming months, but things happen. Sudden surprise roadblocks can pop up (and, from the looks of it, they already have once) and push things back even further. Are there plans in place in case this happens, to retain some of the losses? Are there plans in place to account for the fact that history might repeat itself?

O hai Gio. (I thought you are either MIA or got jailed as that mawb boss in Italy)

I think I know about which community you are talking about heh.

Ye well sadly it's hard to say how many active players we will have on the server and like I said before back "on that community" I'll say it now.
It's up to us, players well to lift our asses and get on the server most of the times, luckily I have somewhat high hopes that established factions (from legal and illegal side) will jump IG and provide decent RP scenarios to take a part of... And not just party on a yacht as MC club.
Still even tho' due to real life I am not a part of le team anymore, I still have somewhat high hopes for admins to actually provide us with events and shit.

P.S I still have theory that community did not work out for quite a few reasons:
1) Launch day was simply a disaster - Buggy script all around, paychecks not being paid out, very unpolished and unfinished definitely drove people away considering well, GTAW even though crashing every 1-2 hours still offered more to do and more shit to grind for + yes, playerbase. Let's not forget "that community" started on Blaine county which again, demotivated a lot of factions to settle down or to be created (as it really did feel like out of touch)

Nevertheless, I'll jump on my map to enjoy them fixed stairs and maybe continue to provide stuff to enhance the gameplay for our players when the time comes.

• Like 1

74318e645aa009ed3bb29cd5cc66f658.gif

• Content Count:  12

19 hours ago, Brett said:

At the end of the day, discord members don't predict server numbers nor vice-versa. Anymore then forum numbers predict discord numbers. If people truly want to give the server a shot, they can give it a shot and if they like it we hope that they stick around. If not, the whole point of this is to offer choices for people to come and enjoy a video game. We have our own methods of how we run and envision this server as a community, and others have their own. We can't predict with any accuracy what we may have, or what we will have. We can just say, only time will tell when the day comes which depends on a lot of factors that may be unforseen, known, in our control, and out of our control. My two cents. 

^ this.

I think it's important to note that there are many players on different communities that are desperate for a chance. I believe once the server launches the population will be increasing over time.

• Like 1