Live Update

Community Update - #002 - Current Development Status & Delay

Biography

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  57

I have seen and experienced lot of stuff with several staff teams in the long path of my life within the roleplay communities.
 I'm not a fan of interacting with people, yet being a part of the staff team in general.

I've seen people saying here "Make a roadmap, make this, make that" frankly that's not how development works and you don't have to work in coding to know that. Each second you work in a project with different people, either developing a website or something gaming related like RP Servers or 3D modelling, things change overnight. Sometimes you reach conclusions at last second, after finishing with what you were meant to do and found out a way to make it even better and streamlined... Then you have to start from the scratch again and redo what you spent an entire month, just to do it in 2 days.

If we want to point fingers at people . I can do it now and it doesn't will be specific towards the staff team because ever single person here is a community member. (Even your "Unknown Developer" that you ever seen texting in discord)... It's the responsability of every single community member to invest a little into this community, either from lore, roleplay or just simply behaving themselves and not overall toxic... The creation of the lore (in my opinion, take it with a grain of salt because I'm not Biography or any server's spokeperson.) is because at this point you can't do nothing more than test every single fresh code that gets slapped into the server and give the oversight to the devs (programmers) and then specifically wait until they can do changes to it. It could be a matter of days whenever the second version of that code gets taken back into the server just to be fixed again until it gets into a playable state. (without taking into consideration whenever you connect it to another server's system it will probably end breaking) so it requires more testing and testing... So there's time for do other stuff while you wait to hear back from the developers... Then what you can do? Create more lore... It's not like either the developers are experts (nor have time) to do 3D, Coding, Modding, Mapping, etc while also developing the features for the server.

I can personally say that I'm one of the biggest laziest members of the staff, yet I've done a bit to help the community and by that I can say that I caused sometimes a member of the team just to "re-do" whatever job they were doing and almost finished because they couldn't figure out a way to do it, and the way I figured out how to fix the issues with their job was basically the contrary of what they were doing.

I prefer waiting (and complaining because it's taking too long to release) for getting with more quality, rather than getting it quick and broken product that can't even sustain itself and I will forget it in some weeks.... But many people don't have this mentality so each one their own. Each person is free to choose.

On 12/2/2022 at 5:45 AM, MissFemboy said:

Scam.

I want my money back, bozo.

I will pay some huge badonkers and bazoongers for you

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Content Count:  62

I know you guys want a product you are proud of, but people aren't going to wait forever, people WILL move on

I still think you guys are the most transparent team I've seen and can appreciate what you guys are doing here

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't wait for the perfect strike, but sometimes you just need to take the first opportunity when the opening is there, or you may not get another one.

I genuinely hope you guys can get this project out soon

• Love 1

• Followers:  36
  • Content Count:  2,025

20 minutes ago, Orphy said:

I know you guys want a product you are proud of, but people aren't going to wait forever, people WILL move on

I still think you guys are the most transparent team I've seen and can appreciate what you guys are doing here

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't wait for the perfect strike, but sometimes you just need to take the first opportunity when the opening is there, or you may not get another one.

I genuinely hope you guys can get this project out soon

Hey Orphy,

I know you joined not long ago but I thank you for sticking with us despite our stance on an issue that you disagree with. To me that indicates we, as a community, have managed to caught your interest. 

I fundamentally agree with your opinion but I think this "strategy" only works if you don't have any competitors. If I was the first to create a RP server on Rage, I would probably put something unfinished out and improve with time. However, it's difficult to succeed with this if there is competition.

Hope that makes sense.

4DcWtjM.png

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  177

Well, that's obviously some upsetting news, but I guess needed. 
I might check it out when it launches, I know you guys can pull off something good.

74318e645aa009ed3bb29cd5cc66f658.gif

• Content Count:  145

On 12/4/2022 at 12:04 AM, Xaleya said:

Rationally speaking, it makes perfect sense, but I'll reiterate expectations management again.

With the trailer posted Aug 31, secrets hidden within the video, people speculating Oct 27 release/release announcement (and the Oct 27 community update stating, quote ''we are still fully on track to meet our release date before the end of the year,'' including mention of v2), constant posts of lore and news, etc. you must realize it builds up hype for a year-end launch.

If 6 weeks ago we were fully on track to launch within the next 2 months (from the point of community update) then how come 6 weeks later we're still 3 months away from launch and it isn't even confirmed? If I told someone half an hour ago I will be there in an hour, and then an hour later I tell them I will be there in an hour and a half, then people would either think I misplanned and/or didn't take it seriously. 

However, my underlying point isn't some scam conspiracy theory (which is a meme from what I understand) but we have to admit expectations were mismanaged with the build-up. It's like telling a kid 3 weeks before Christmas they won't get their promised Christmas present. It's better to postpone the release date 3 months not 3 weeks prior, to properly manage people's expectations.

At this point it's irreversible and I'm not posting this to get some sort of apology but from a product launch perspective as such expectations management should go without saying, and it's something I haven't seen addressed. If nothing else I hope it's a lesson for the 2023 Q1 release target and that it's realistic not some sort of hypeman speech. Otherwise, if it doesn't launch in 2023 Q1, many people — who are already disappointed — are quick to jump to conclusions. 

The partisan bickering aside, that's a real concern. Does that make sense? 

pi fari un giuvanottu i malavita

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  733

5 hours ago, Rodrigo_Ferrer said:

With the trailer posted Aug 31, secrets hidden within the video, people speculating Oct 27 release/release announcement

Yes, the teasers in the video were only hinting at the announcement. I can understand where you would think that we would be releasing on the 27th, I did too when I saw it at face value.

If 6 weeks ago we were fully on track to launch within the next 2 months (from the point of community update) then how come 6 weeks later we're still 3 months away from launch and it isn't even confirmed?

This really just boils down to Developers and their availability to write meaningful code. Developing isn't as easy as writing-correcting-deploying, but more so iterates that procedure until the code is perfect. If we were to write or copy/paste code like other communities actively do, then sure, we could've released in the summer. 

Crunchy and I were the one's who heavily supported saying 'Q1' instead of giving an exact date (Lacking and Brett we're against this). By saying a letter and a number, it loosens the imaginary grip around the Developers throats. They are now able to focus on writing good code, instead of writing whatever code necessary to produce a product by the specific date. We could be releasing on January 5th, or March 31st. Either way, our Developers focus switches to good production as a opposed to swift deliverables. If that makes sense. 

However, my underlying point isn't some scam conspiracy theory (which is a meme from what I understand) but we have to admit expectations were mismanaged with the build-up.

I partially agree with this but now we're at the point where it's time to move forward. I don't see much use of sitting and explaining what we should have done, I see more use in explaining what we can do in the future. We have realized our mistakes and will act accordingly to not let them happen again. Part of me wants to say that we want to be trusted by our players (which is true), but another part of me knows that users will just play on whatever server they like the best. So trust before the launch or not, players that have distrust in us now will return to play when we launch, so I consider it a happy mistake that we've gone about it this way, because now the only way to go is up.

Otherwise, if it doesn't launch in 2023 Q1, many people — who are already disappointed — are quick to jump to conclusions. 

Your best point and I wholly agree. 

• Like 4

4DcWtjM.png.3988786eb78011f1eb6b7ead2b44ac73.png

signature.thumb.png.69c9332f99f8dafd469733869e40e255.png.acf9cc15a85165af04a866247283926c.png

• Content Count:  62

On 12/3/2022 at 2:04 PM, Xaleya said:

I prefer waiting (and complaining because it's taking too long to release) for getting with more quality, rather than getting it quick and broken product that can't even sustain itself and I will forget it in some weeks.... But many people don't have this mentality so each one their own. Each person is free to choose.

Remember that one REALLY amazing game Titanfall 2? it was an amazing improvement of the first one?

Nothing was wrong with it, the people who did play it thought it was one of the best games they ever played, sure it had some lack of content but there was a lot of growth there.

The issue was that release window was EXTREMELY poor and it ended up making the game suffer as a result.  EA decided to release it in between the annual cod release and Battlefield 1, and it was heavy competition as it was 2 shooters. To this day I am still mind boggled who thought it was a good idea to release it in between 2 triple a shooters. They were asking for it to be left behind and for the others to be chosen. 

The point im trying to make is release windows ARE a thing, finals just finished, the pandemic is passed us, its holidays, and people are longing for something different and of actual substance for a text rp server (especially recently, feeling split off). LCRP doesnt even have to have the better scripts innitially, the transparency and the strong community focus ALONE is enough to make this place a selling point and encourage a great place to play. 

There are released windows, theres time limits (these are not set in stone), and theres interest. Titanfall 2 did nothing wrong but be release at the wrong time and too late, I dont wanna see that happen to a community that genuinely has visibly put in a ton of effort to be a standout and actually of quality on a community level, a place that can build stronger as they grow. 

You can make a quality product of course, but you cant miss your window. Time and time again great products are forgotten because they missed theirs. Dont let something special come too late

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  733

13 hours ago, Orphy said:

You can make a quality product of course, but you cant miss your window. Time and time again great products are forgotten because they missed theirs. Dont let something special come too late

You make a really good point and comparing the success of different games is valid. By that logic, let's consider Cyberpunk 2077. 

Back when CP2077 hit online markets it caused one of the biggest upsets in gaming history. Riddled with bugs, performance issues, mediocre AI's, and definitely a premature release. Doing some research, CD Projekt admitted that investors and fans pressured the release, and while they thought it was the right move financially, the flaws in the game severely damaged CD's integrity. 

They could have gone against fans / investors word and waited a few more months to optimize the game further, though they might lose some revenue (in our terms donations and packages), they will release a game that will not damage CD's integrity. 

I would bet $ that some of our playerbase won't like what we have to offer, despite them pushing for a quick release. Players will be upset that we released too early, others will be upset we released too late. It boils down to "you can't win 'em all" type of mentality. There's a way to go about opening a RP Server, and done poorly, you risk being the server's that are open for 3 months then shut down. Obviously, we aren't about that, so our decisions are thought about critically and parameters such as hitting our release window is not taken into much consideration.

• Like 1

4DcWtjM.png.3988786eb78011f1eb6b7ead2b44ac73.png

signature.thumb.png.69c9332f99f8dafd469733869e40e255.png.acf9cc15a85165af04a866247283926c.png

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  214

15 hours ago, Orphy said:

If the product is not ready it will not be released, simple as that.

I don't know why you keep referring to striking other communities, release windows and such. If something else comes before us then so be it. The management said time and time again that they'd rather push a quality product than something not ready.

And since you are referring to games, I'll refer to actual products. Apple is not the first one ever to implement a feature but remember that Apple does it better than anybody else. They were not the first one to implement the Touch ID but they are the ones that have the best one. We should not aim to release a product faster but release a product better than anyone else.

LIBERTY CITY ROLEPLAY
Retired Server Administrator

• Content Count:  16

Just now, dean said:

If the product is not ready it will not be released, simple as that.

I don't know why you keep referring to striking other communities, release windows and such. If something else comes before us then so be it. The management said time and time again that they'd rather push a quality product than something not ready.

And since you are referring to games, I'll refer to actual products. Apple is not the first one ever to implement a feature but remember that Apple does it better than anybody else. They were not the first one to implement the Touch ID but they are the ones that have the best one. We should not aim to release a product faster but release a product better than anyone else.

2 hours ago, Geo said:

You make a really good point and comparing the success of different games is valid. By that logic, let's consider Cyberpunk 2077. 

Back when CP2077 hit online markets it caused one of the biggest upsets in gaming history. Riddled with bugs, performance issues, mediocre AI's, and definitely a premature release. Doing some research, CD Projekt admitted that investors and fans pressured the release, and while they thought it was the right move financially, the flaws in the game severely damaged CD's integrity. 

They could have gone against fans / investors word and waited a few more months to optimize the game further, though they might lose some revenue (in our terms donations and packages), they will release a game that will not damage CD's integrity. 

I would bet $ that some of our playerbase won't like what we have to offer, despite them pushing for a quick release. Players will be upset that we released too early, others will be upset we released too late. It boils down to "you can't win 'em all" type of mentality. There's a way to go about opening a RP Server, and done poorly, you risk being the server's that are open for 3 months then shut down. Obviously, we aren't about that, so our decisions are thought about critically and parameters such as hitting our release window is not taken into much consideration.

Respectfully that shit retarded asf ngl, in the same token, "ready when its ready" is such a dick move in business because there is no such thing as a perfect product, and when it actually is ready to play, people already burnt out, or move on to the next thing. How you guys even plan to keep whats left in the community to be engaged enough at least until the server actually managed to launch?

Comparing Apple, a company, which its sole purpose is to make profits off the market with ever growing lists of potential consumers, vs us, a niche community from a game that came out years ago is crazy. I am not, and will never be your product. If you fail to see and understand things from our point of view, or even why people are disappointed. I don't think you deserve to be part of PST, esp with that elitism tone of yours. You should've tried to ease them instead of talking like the riddler from batman. @dean

atp whatever moves you guys take it will most likely result in a loss, its a losing battle when you're playing with people expectations bcs imagination is boundless and for CP2077 case, it dont even stand a chance to measure to the hype that they created. @Geo

Take it from me, I broke my wee-wee once from edging way too long. I was home alone, bored, horny, horn-ed? anyways, I get straight to the business, set up the mood, the lights, the music. Got my lotion ready, I start stroking my shit watching this one vid, but my mind wanders away, I feel like its not enough. I keep scrolling, clicking all videos i found interesting - in search to satisfy my carnal desire. 500 new tabs(most of which consisted of meat beating materials, im talking A1s) (and yea 500 apparently the limit on safari) and massive blue balls later, I finally get to the climax, but what awaits is nothing but an empty victory. Yeah I nutted, drained my sack by the look of all the juice that coming out of it, it was so massive in quantity if I was a bit more taller Noah probably had to make another Ark. But its just that, I couldn't feel anything. I went past the horny limit hours ago and all I'm left with is a numb penis and sticky fingers. After that night, my shit couldn't get up for a week or so.

What I'm trying to say is that I know its not just about the scripts and all, I know that we're still lacking in multiple areas, there are spots that needs to be filled, stuff that needs to be revised, etc etc. But the ship already sailed months ago, the hype has been built, the community has been breathing nothing but hopium. This hobby of ours is already as niche as it gets, combined to the growing lists of servers out there that are nurturing their community by giving them the release they wanted - our situation doesn't look too good.

Making people wait yet another year to play something from a decade old game? Ridiculous. Let people have what they want @Biography and let them figure out themselves why things are ran the way it is. Help us help you out, make the community feel actually involved by letting them experience how its like to roleplay in the server in its current state.

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

• Brett changed the title to Community Update - #002 - Current Development Status & Delay
  • Brett unpinned and locked this topic