Live Update

Community Update - #002 - Current Development Status & Delay

Biography

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  137

I share the same sentiment with those who were anticipating the server to launch in 2022. However, all things considered, seeing management own up to their trials and errors just sets this community even further from others. Despite the setback that occurred, I am happy to see the tremendous effort that went into creating V2. 

I’m anxious to see how this project will turn out, which is why I will 1000% support a fully functional server over numerous bugs and unrealistic character portrayals. I’ll never be able to understand things from the perspective of a server manager, but after being in this community I can whole heartedly say that this amount of dedication is surely going to pan out greatly. Judging from the amount of meetings in regards to character and faction lores, the server media and history etc. it is more than scripts and a map that sets a server apart from others and this is the only server who I believe values every single aspect of the community. 

Great work! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  62

I'm real disappointed honestly 

I do think you guys are working super hard and I love the transparency. You guys are very passionate

But the Iron is hot, the time to strike is now. don't overthink it you know?

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  733

Some time has passed and I'm ready for my (serious) response. (I still love Yi lon mah).

Reading through the comments, it makes me happy to see that LCRP's playerbase is still supportive of the project and understanding of the shortcomings that all teams have had to endure over the past few months as we've ramped up on V1->V2. The negative comments on this thread are expected and you are entitled to your opinion, unlike other communities on FiveM and RageMP, we do not silence our players if their opinion doesn't conform to our own. So, if you're going to be happy about one thing, be happy that you are in a community where you can voice your concerns without fear of repercussion or being banned. 

I read an interesting comment on the LCRP Discord that says something along the lines of "Strike the iron when it's hot, your opponent is down" (assuming other rp communities). To make it clear once more, LCRP's incentive to release was never to remove players from other communities. I (and I'm sure Server Management can agree with me here too) believe that you, our players, are earned. The Staff Team (aside from Developers) do not make money here, I've been in this community for just under two years and have yet to see a cent of payment, benefits, etc; and I'm OK with that! We all have our IRL careers that give us money, none of us want to be in the position where we work for LCRP full time and rely on player donations as our primary income. Keeping everyone focused on their IRL careers allows this project to focus on creating a great product, and not siphon your cash.

They say when you point a finger, there are three fingers pointing back at you. It's so easy to blame the devs / Biography / other parties with the justification of feeling owed because you've donated money to a project, those are valid feelings and something I'd expect to see in the GTA RP realm. However, you, as the player, can not begin to imagine the amount of work and effort that has been put into this project by not only our staff members who have been here for a long time, but our loyal players who have created and maintained factions since LCRP first came to fruition; and yet, those same senior staff members and players do not complain at all. Bio is a good boss and friend, and you can bet that LCRP won't be the same without him (even if he moves down to a lower administrative role). Biography's online identity is as much a part of LCRP's identity as the Statue of Liberty in our LC Logo. He puts in at least 6 hours of LCRP work a day, on top of his other personal endeavors. As of right now it's 7:57AM where Bio is, and he's been online / in meetings / in staff channels since this announcement came out. He's dedicated and quite frankly you need him as the Community Manager. 

The decision to delay the release of the server was not to benefit us as much as it was to benefit you. Can you imagine walking into a server where there's nothing to do except buy clothes and do the garbage job? The staff team hasn't worked this hard to give that to you, you deserve more, the project deserves more. Biography's decision to postpone the release was a tough decision, but the correct one in my opinion. 

The devs are working tirelessly and we have many milestones to achieve together as a community. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

4DcWtjM.png.3988786eb78011f1eb6b7ead2b44ac73.png

signature.thumb.png.69c9332f99f8dafd469733869e40e255.png.acf9cc15a85165af04a866247283926c.png

• Content Count:  72

almost ejaculated

• Content Count:  62

28 minutes ago, Geo said:

I read an interesting comment on the LCRP Discord that says something along the lines of "Strike the iron when it's hot, your opponent is down" (assuming other rp communities). To make it clear once more, LCRP's incentive to release was never to remove players from other communities. I (and I'm sure Server Management can agree with me here too) believe that you, our players, are earned. The Staff Team (aside from Developers) do not make money here, I've been in this community for just under two years and have yet to see a cent of payment, benefits, etc; and I'm OK with that! We all have our IRL careers that give us money, none of us want to be in the position where we work for LCRP full time and rely on player donations as our primary income. Keeping everyone focused on their IRL careers allows this project to focus on creating a great product, and not siphon your cash.

Oh jeez I wonder who said that.... lol

Anyways, it's refreshing at least hearing these kinda responses. Helps figure out where the team stands

• Haha 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  5

A lot of people were holding out hoping atleast one decent gta 5 rp server would be released by the end of the year. Most of those people will probably go elsewhere now. I'm dissappointed but still keen to play.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  23

Scam.

I want my money back, bozo.

• Content Count:  164

I have mixed feelings on this announcement. I am glad the optimization of the server is being taken care: it's useful for both (future as well) developers and users, but I also wanted to play LCRP this month, I thought we were very close to the launch date. Well. Later is better than never, I guess. 

• Content Count:  145

I respect the honesty, transparency, and quite frankly the integrity however looking at development team roadmap some of the more depthful systems are yet to be implemented, and with Christmas around the corner a release in 2023 Q1 is a possibility not a probability. 

Considering that economy and businesses were the only remaining major features, I would expect more work to go into that and less into worrying about some fictional mayoral election storyline when there isn't a server to play or the elections to be held in. There's IC news but no IC. 

A year is a long time to set as a target and be unable to deliver. The momentum has shifted from excitement to disappointment, and now you only have 4 months which is 1/3 of the time with added pressure so I genuinely hope the new release target was thought through and not just a quick promise. 

Anyway, it's a marathon not a sprint and I don't want to make a bad situation worse so hopefully we can all have nice holidays and come back rested and refreshed at the start of the year. 

• Like 2

pi fari un giuvanottu i malavita

• Brett changed the title to Community Update - #002 - Current Development Status & Delay
  • Brett unpinned and locked this topic