Live Update

RTC's and me!

Gatsbeh

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  105

Okay so, let's discuss!

You've just got in your brand new car, driving the streets of Liberty City, you hit that intersection and BAM!! Someone drives straight into the side of you!

(( hey man i'm lagging, wanna skip? ))

Does this irritate anyone else? Do you prefer this? Should this be thrown out. I know a lot of people get fed up of traffic collisions but at what stage do you think it's acceptable to go straight into /b to complain?

Do law enforcement and first responders roleplay traffic collisions enough and do they do it well enough? 

Do players roleplay the collision well enough? 

Let's discuss!

• Like 1

ayMTeWQ.png

PBEHlb0.png

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  467

I'm getting real fucking tired of seeing people drive like absolute morons only for them to go down the route of /b void? I was lagging!!! 3 seconds later. I think it has been very easy for people to get off and avoid the roleplay by doing this which should stop.

If you stick with common sense while in traffic and you check your intersections properly the chance of getting into one isn't even big anymore.

• Like 1

test.png.876e858da6624ad25c2b31c8126aeea7.png

signature.thumb.png.69c9332f99f8dafd469733869e40e255.png.acf9cc15a85165af04a866247283926c.png

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  183

Most of the time I prefer to skip because sometimes there is lag, and desync or the keyboard doesn't want to listen to you. If I rp'ed every crash it would mean that my character is involved in 5-10 traffic accidents every day which is very unrealistic. I don't like people who drive like crazy, but neither would I force every such accident to be roleplayed as there are many external factors that can influence.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  844

4 hours ago, Conviction said:

Most of the time I prefer to skip because sometimes there is lag, and desync or the keyboard doesn't want to listen to you. If I rp'ed every crash it would mean that my character is involved in 5-10 traffic accidents every day which is very unrealistic. I don't like people who drive like crazy, but neither would I force every such accident to be roleplayed as there are many external factors that can influence.

Nah man, clearly you just can't drive. 🤣 Joking ofc

In seriousness, I think there needs to be a fine line between. Serious crash? No. Where there was clear lag? Yes. If you void every TC, you're taking RP away from the victim of your idiocy and FD.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  183

2 minutes ago, Jorgensen said:

Nah man, clearly you just can't drive. 🤣 Joking ofc

In seriousness, I think there needs to be a fine line between. Serious crash? No. Where there was clear lag? Yes. If you void every TC, you're taking RP away from the victim of your idiocy and FD.

But on the other hand how is it rp to be the victim of 10 accidents a day? Yeah, if it happened in a normal way it's mandatory to roleplay it but I was talking about situations where it's clearly due to an external factor.  Many a time I was bumped by the PD and they would actually walk away, but when I would scratch them because of the desync they would turn on their flashers.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  844

18 minutes ago, Conviction said:

But on the other hand how is it rp to be the victim of 10 accidents a day? Yeah, if it happened in a normal way it's mandatory to roleplay it but I was talking about situations where it's clearly due to an external factor.  Many a time I was bumped by the PD and they would actually walk away, but when I would scratch them because of the desync they would turn on their flashers.

Yeah, to be honest we need to strike a balance between 'too many' and 'too little' - Good scripts such as /seatbelt etc should be able to actually counteract desync maybe. But, perhaps Management have a plan.

• Like 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  230

Interesting point of discussion here. On one hand, its very easy if both parties agree for a skip. On the other hand, there's only so much you can blame on "desync".

If someone's going down times square at 100mph and crashes, that's not desync. 

I'm not really sure how better to approach it. But, I do think that "skipping" valid rp scenes shouldn't be allowed. If someone is going 100mph, then thats what they're doing icly and it should be treated as such.

4DcWtjM.png.b68d30363303ce8b40ecf51c4326fb6d.png

Alcohol doesn't solve any problems but then again neither does milk.

• Content Count:  273

I think it should be Rped regardless, okay so ‘lag’ dosnt cause your to crash irl per say, but there’s no features of having a ‘blow out’ or any other unpredictable failure. So, ‘lag, smash’ oops ‘whatever happened’ roll with it 

4DcWtjM.png

7 hours ago, LackingAName said:

I'm getting real fucking tired of seeing people drive like absolute morons only for them to go down the route of /b void? I was lagging!!! 3 seconds later. I think it has been very easy for people to get off and avoid the roleplay by doing this which should stop.

If you stick with common sense while in traffic and you check your intersections properly the chance of getting into one isn't even big anymore.

Couldn't agree more! I hate seeing (( can we skip? it was an accident, wasn't looking at my keyboard! )), people play stupid games, win stupid prizes. So I bare the question, if people start doing stuff like this, does it warrant admin intervention? 

ayMTeWQ.png

PBEHlb0.png

32 minutes ago, K Money said:

I think it should be Rped regardless, okay so ‘lag’ dosnt cause your to crash irl per say, but there’s no features of having a ‘blow out’ or any other unpredictable failure. So, ‘lag, smash’ oops ‘whatever happened’ roll with it 

I agree with this! I had this exact scenario on a different server, I wasn't paying attention, crashed into a fire marshall and just rolled with it. Said I had an old car (was driving a minivan at the time) and that the steering locked up. 

They ended up getting the police involved and they towed the vehicle and crushed it (with permission)

Turned out to be the best traffic collision I've been involved in throughout my roleplay.

ayMTeWQ.png

PBEHlb0.png