Live Update

Addressing the time-zone decision

Cronic

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  60

I think there is another important perspective that should be considered. The server management perspective. 

The server runs on money and that money is given by the people who play on it. If the majority of the people who play on the server are from a certain hemisphere, then management /should/ be biased and cater to them. Reason being: more people, possibly more cash to fund the server from those people.

If the majority is deterred, then the people who will donate will also be dettered (from that majority). If the minority stays and they have a much smaller number of donators, then that isn't viable for keeping the server running for a long time. However if the minority all donate, then they will probably be the same as the people who donate (from the majority that was dettered).

Basically what I'm trying to say is:

LCRP is more or less a business that runs on money. No money or not enough to fund it? No business.

That's why this isn't a simple black or white decision for management, they have to consider various factors that will lead to the longevity of the server.

Untitled-1.png

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  44

43 minutes ago, Nekvin said:

I think there is another important perspective that should be considered. The server management perspective. 

The server runs on money and that money is given by the people who play on it. If the majority of the people who play on the server are from a certain hemisphere, then management /should/ be biased and cater to them. Reason being: more people, possibly more cash to fund the server from those people.

If the majority is deterred, then the people who will donate will also be dettered (from that majority). If the minority stays and they have a much smaller number of donators, then that isn't viable for keeping the server running for a long time. However if the minority all donate, then they will probably be the same as the people who donate (from the majority that was dettered).

Basically what I'm trying to say is:

LCRP is more or less a business that runs on money. No money or not enough to fund it? No business.

That's why this isn't a simple black or white decision for management, they have to consider various factors that will lead to the longevity of the server.

I don't think you're taking into consideration the fact that the hemisphere with the most players and the hemisphere with the most donators are two different hemispheres.

• Content Count:  160

The only real point I've seen is that "People won't be able to go to nightclubs during non-peak hours."

Okay? Changing the timezone will barely change what times the club opens. Club openings are entirely contingent on the time zone of the person who owns the establishment and if they're around to open it.

Peak hours will be peak hours regardless of what the timezone is. The ONLY difference it'll make is whether or not the sun is in the sky.

Who would've thought that you might have to stay up late to participate in nightlife activities?

Ui0FjxE.png

I8Khy8P.png

Remmy

Nevaeh Knight - Executive Editor and Journalist for the Liberty Tree. Host of The Knight Watch podcast.

• Content Count:  13

11 minutes ago, remmy said:

The only real point I've seen is that "People won't be able to go to nightclubs during non-peak hours."

Okay? Changing the timezone will barely change what times the club opens. Club openings are entirely contingent on the time zone of the person who owns the establishment and if they're around to open it.

Peak hours will be peak hours regardless of what the timezone is. The ONLY difference it'll make is whether or not the sun is in the sky.

Who would've thought that you might have to stay up late to participate in nightlife activities?

Let's not be ignorant. There's arguments for both sides at this point. There has to be a compromise between them and at least let people have a say in it. I wasn't on the server at the time of the vote but I still play here and I brought friends with me. Time-zone is a serious thing even if people say it isn't. One of the most important aspect of it is the immersive idea. It may sound stupid to certain people but I feel like I wouldn't wanna log in at 5 AM to be able to role-play something at night just because.

Nekvin brought up a good point and I think it's something that people in the higher positions should think about if they want to be professionals. Include the whole community. You don't have to take a vote now, because the player base will probably keep increasing before the launch. Do it a week before or something like that.

Sure, these arguments may sound pointless and stupid, but it's the same things as you guys asking for a NY time-zone just because... you never had it before.

• Thanks 1

• Content Count:  160

15 minutes ago, Cronic said:

Let's not be ignorant. There's arguments for both sides at this point. There has to be a compromise between them and at least let people have a say in it. I wasn't on the server at the time of the vote but I still play here and I brought friends with me. Time-zone is a serious thing even if people say it isn't. One of the most important aspect of it is the immersive idea. It may sound stupid to certain people but I feel like I wouldn't wanna log in at 5 AM to be able to role-play something at night just because.

Nekvin brought up a good point and I think it's something that people in the higher positions should think about if they want to be professionals. Include the whole community. You don't have to take a vote now, because the player base will probably keep increasing before the launch. Do it a week before or something like that.

Sure, these arguments may sound pointless and stupid, but it's the same things as you guys asking for a NY time-zone just because... you never had it before.

Time zone is REALLY not that deep because again, peak hours will NOT change regardless of what the time zone is. So we change the timezone to something else. Okay. Now what about everyone ELSE that has to log in at 5AM to RP nightlife? The only fair option is NY time. It's based on NY. It's set on the east coast. EST is the only timezone that is fair and makes sense.

Ui0FjxE.png

I8Khy8P.png

Remmy

Nevaeh Knight - Executive Editor and Journalist for the Liberty Tree. Host of The Knight Watch podcast.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  749

Locking this topic earlier then I said, because I have decided for reasons I will explain in another post to do another poll. Please standby.

EDIT: Poll is up. 

• Brett locked this topic