1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Sounds like Katja has experience in that field, how much did ya pay haha

Don’t let your boyfriend take your car on a DUI evasion spree ☺️

• Haha 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  119

7 hours ago, Katja said:

Please don’t scrap cars. It’s very unrealistic lol

Irl they’d just impound it at a place that charges an obscene amount per day to keep it there until someone picks it up, which usually has to be the titled owner of the car, so if you’re in jail then you get screwed even harder. Then you either have to pay for them to keep it,  and then possibly they’d junk it, or you pay to get it out. Your jail time and fines increase the more charges you rack up, etc. 

I'm fairly certain that someone can pick up the vehicle if they have permission from said person such as a relative. It would be mind blowing if someone's car has been impounded and only the owner can unimpound it, who is in jail so he pays an insane amount of money for storage. 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  270

17 hours ago, Tseard said:

I'm fairly certain that someone can pick up the vehicle if they have permission from said person such as a relative. It would be mind blowing if someone's car has been impounded and only the owner can unimpound it, who is in jail so he pays an insane amount of money for storage. 

Perhaps it varies, if you’re in jail then you may be able to have someone go get it. It was as explained in my personal experience and, in reality, the impound lot doesn’t feel bad that you’re in jail racking up storage fees lol Regardless, we should not be scrapping cars for multiple evasion charges on LCRP. 

Quick edit because I was curious and did some digging- some states totally do screw you if your car is impounded and you’re in jail. In Chicago where I’m at, you sometimes even have to petition the court in a civil case that’s separate from your criminal case (regardless of if you win) JUST to get your car released. It’s actually extremely interesting, and sad, if you’re bored and want to Google. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  30

If we're going for realism the only pursuits LCPD would be authorized for is forcible felonies. Anything else they should turn off their lights and let it go.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  270

7 hours ago, Florida said:

If we're going for realism the only pursuits LCPD would be authorized for is forcible felonies. Anything else they should turn off their lights and let it go.

This. There’d be so many pursuits where, after 15 cars are in line and the teamspeak channel is full, someone asks for the charges and it’s literally just “speeding ticket, now evasion.” Absolute waste of time, and I’d typically drop out of the pursuit line after that to do something even just slightly more productive. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  60

I'm wondering about car theft. If someone steals a car, how much heat would that realistically get? As in how many cops would be chasing someone for committing grand theft auto? 

Untitled-1.png

• Content Count:  119

23 minutes ago, Nekvin said:

I'm wondering about car theft. If someone steals a car, how much heat would that realistically get? As in how many cops would be chasing someone for committing grand theft auto? 

It's hard to crack out numbers on what call generates what kind of response and how many since there is just not a set procedure on how many units go to a call. In real life, a dispatcher would dispatch a number of calls while on a server you usually do not have a dispatcher and people respond to calls on their own initiative (or forced by a supervisor).

I would say on my own experience and what I have seen before is that it depends but usually you'll have about 2/3 units responding to such call. If that person is going to evade upon arrival, you could expect 2/3 more units to respond to the pursuit to help out. This varies and is depended on how busy the shift is and what time of day (peak or off peak time). 

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  30

2 hours ago, Nekvin said:

Realistically? if they fled the LCPD wouldn't chase because it's just a property crime and insurance will cover it.

• Thanks 1

• Content Count:  18

Realistically, should depend on the budget. But the budget would likely be very high since it's the mirror of the NYPD and blahblah multi billion dollar annual budget etc. But if you're roleplaying as them, you might be more apathetic or useless unless you were dealing with an actively violent/reckless criminal. Could also put strains on the budget if political rp makes it so they have less funding and less resources to go after criminals. Otherwise, I think LCPD would be like a small army descending upon people as they would be in real life if they threaten the appearance of stability of the city or important institutions.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  45

On 1/5/2022 at 8:19 AM, Katja said:

This. There’d be so many pursuits where, after 15 cars are in line and the teamspeak channel is full, someone asks for the charges and it’s literally just “speeding ticket, now evasion.” Absolute waste of time, and I’d typically drop out of the pursuit line after that to do something even just slightly more productive. 

This has always been an issue in roleplay and has never made any sense.

You know how many times I've gotten away scot-free despite doing like 200 mph, clearly intoxicated, maybe even reek of something, gun on the seat next to me. But then a pursuit/shooting pops off and the cop just does the "looks like its ur lucky day" and rushes back to the cruiser to join in on the 15 man chase.

This should definitely be moderated on LCRP too, seeing as how there is lots of alleys and corners for escape routes, lots of potential for someone to get hit by a speed demon, let alone the 15 cop cars going the same speed behind them.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Brett locked this topic