Live Update

Unique Script Ideas for Businesses

Geo

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  734

Hello LC-RP! 

The Property Team is wanting to hear some insights on special script requests that you'd like to see in your businesses! Most if not all of these replies will be considered.

Here is what will be implemented.

• Bar Script
  • Clothing Script
  • Theater Script
  • Furniture Script (Not sure if furniture places will be server or player owned)
  • Weapon Script
  • 24/7 Script
  • Barber Script

Our ears are open for your wonderful ideas! 

4DcWtjM.png.3988786eb78011f1eb6b7ead2b44ac73.png

signature.thumb.png.69c9332f99f8dafd469733869e40e255.png.acf9cc15a85165af04a866247283926c.png

• Content Count:  181

A business custom item script would be cool but that's already being implemented afaik. The reason I bring it up is because it is a good framework that allows people to just be creative with the business. It also makes it so we don't have to necessarily create a unique script for each possible business.

For example with the bar, the custom item script would allow the player to create food/drink related items. This covers having to create a whole unique bar script to accommodate just alcohol related items. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  4

I think the most important aspect to unique business scripts is to reliably make a decent income to reward players that wish to brand off into something more unique.

For too long have I seen motivated players slowly turn dull given that most servers provide a poor wage for working in a unique business, and therefor I think that a general income would increase the amount of people to give unique businesses a shot. One where a steady income is earned for being open, rather than the constant sale of their stock. An hourly wage, for one example, would support players with unique designs. Given that I've yet to see the economy of this server work, I can't give an estimate of how much players should earn through this wage.

Other than that, I fully agree with Schmichael's post above mine.

43 minutes ago, Schmichael said:

I’d love to see real items that exist prior to purchase, so business owners would need to deliberately purchase different types of stock to meet demand.

I too think it'd be best for items to exist prior to purchasing them. A small detail like that enables a lot of missed RP opportunities for legal, as well as illegal RPers to take advantage of.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  844

2 hours ago, Schmichael said:

When it comes to script for specific items (weapons, drinks (bars), etc) I’d love to see us branch away from the magical “supplies” that other communities have and change the script for the better. On W, for example, you have 15000 shapeless supplies until you magically forge them from thin air for a customer via a menu.

I’d love to see real items that exist prior to purchase, so business owners would need to deliberately purchase different types of stock to meet demand.

Imagine you go to buy a combat pistol, but the store has run out. You then have a choice whether to wait for them to re-stock, or to alter what you’d like to buy. It’s not a huge deal, but it removes the magical “we have everything in stock” aspect of businesses. It means that businesses owners either have to invest more to stock the shelves, or risk not having the correct item for their customers.

This would work for gun stores, furniture stores (by category, rather than singular items), bars, 24/7 stores and some other unique item stores (but not all, some would need the flexibility).

While I agree with the first part. I also disagree, that is what it is with restaurants not bars, bars cannot use the /createitem script for alcohol and have to instead rely on /createdrink which relies on your property inventory stock of base alcohols to make drinks.

In part I think this should be a rule with LCRP so not every business running a custom item script abuses this to make alcohol.

In terms of other scripts a restaurant script would be nice where you can set up a menu and be able to show the customer, clicking on the item logs it so you have a kind of paper trail (akin to a waiter writing someones order down) and it notifies other workers who might be roleplaying kitchen staff. (Cause nowadays in restaurants its usually all automated by technology used by the waiting staff)

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  60

This one is going to be more of a niche thing, but mechanics should be able to order/make custom car parts. This would allow people to have goods in their cars, which can then be roleplayed as the installed car part. For example installing a K&N Performance Air Intake System Typhoon Kit under the hood for your Blista Kanjo.

This is of course a feature not many mechanics will or could use, but it would be incredible when you run into a car with these custom parts.

• Like 1

Untitled-1.png

• Content Count:  205

On 10/6/2021 at 10:37 AM, Nekvin said:

This one is going to be more of a niche thing, but mechanics should be able to order/make custom car parts. This would allow people to have goods in their cars, which can then be roleplayed as the installed car part. For example installing a K&N Performance Air Intake System Typhoon Kit under the hood for your Blista Kanjo.

This is of course a feature not many mechanics will or could use, but it would be incredible when you run into a car with these custom parts.

This would be interesting, only if certified mechanic shops could be the only ones to create the item. This is so we don't have so many brands or differently labelled parts around the community. If the certified shops had to follow a certain format or something, that would make it better as well.

• Insightful 1

• 8 months later...

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  69

Restaurants/Bakeries(bagel shops cmon!), art galleries, museums, souvenir shops around the statue of liberty and famous tourist attractions.

I'd love to see stadiums being used for sport events but we'd need sports first.

• Content Count:  734

16 hours ago, Blair said:

Restaurants/Bakeries(bagel shops cmon!), art galleries, museums, souvenir shops around the statue of liberty and famous tourist attractions.

I'd love to see stadiums being used for sport events but we'd need sports first.

Nice ideas, I plan on having a Sale Script where people can choose their components they want delivered and 'craft' it based upon what services / items they're wanting to sell.

4DcWtjM.png.3988786eb78011f1eb6b7ead2b44ac73.png

signature.thumb.png.69c9332f99f8dafd469733869e40e255.png.acf9cc15a85165af04a866247283926c.png

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  183

A script/system for e-commerce. There are more and more online shops, it would be interesting to see such shops on the server with deliveries in character. Even if you have an online store, benefit from the script like other businesses.

• Content Count:  18

I was mulling some ideas and what I came up with were the following:

• Drugstore / pharmacy script - Like a CVS or walgreens. 
  • Grocery store script - Nothing similar to the 24/7, something that actually sells more than just a quick snack.
  • Pawn shop script

• Brett locked this topic