Live Update

How do you guys feel about a LC Car/Street Racing Community?

Nekvin

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  60

As the title says I am interested in your opinions and past experiences, since I want to be a part of such a community and want to prevent it from becoming a shitshow and imitation of the fast and furious.

Untitled-1.png

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  1

From what I experienced before, it often turns into a shitshow of meta cars only included in the street racing, which is where I belive the Fast n Furious crap comes from. Still yet to see the full potential of it and I can tell it goes ways.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  71

As much as I am a cars guy and love everything about them, I do NOT want to see a street racing community on LCRP. They're always cringe and dare I say, full of self-inserts who belong to NFS than a roleplay server.

I, however, don't mind a car community focused around a completely legal cars & coffee-like meet, where cars are showcased and people have a good time talking about them. I think this approach would be much better than a street racing thing.

• Insightful 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  467

Speaking from personal experience I think this has more to do with the people involved and especially those 'leading' it rather than street racing RP itself.

Anyone with a leading hand and a small group of people behind that person can easily lead such a thing without it being or having to be ridiculous.  I cannot account for randoms who are ill-informed that decide to join in for fun. 

I would not mind seeing such a thing here over at LCRP. In fact I hope that if this is done by someone or by a group, we will experience a whole different side rather than the usual portrayal that is done. 

• Love 1

test.png.876e858da6624ad25c2b31c8126aeea7.png

signature.thumb.png.69c9332f99f8dafd469733869e40e255.png.acf9cc15a85165af04a866247283926c.png

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  28

good luck driving fast on LC roads

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  177

Just tried it yesterday with @Crunchy (Ily bae you are my family) 
Personally, I found LC roads to be rather different from LS or Blaine County ones. A lot of short streets, somewhat sharp turns, high and low roads, I wouldn't recommend pushing pedal to the metal around Algonquin at least. Yet, I like it as it forms a somewhat natural obstacle and feeling to drive properly.

• Insightful 3

74318e645aa009ed3bb29cd5cc66f658.gif

• Content Count:  60

7 hours ago, Sleepy said:

As much as I am a cars guy and love everything about them, I do NOT want to see a street racing community on LCRP. They're always cringe and dare I say, full of self-inserts who belong to NFS than a roleplay server.

You are likely talking about the bad apples of the batch. There certainly are those who don't really roleplay and just do a NFS type of races, but what about the ones who do a good job of accurately roleplaying street racers?

6 hours ago, LackingAName said:

Anyone with a leading hand and a small group of people behind that person can easily lead such a thing without it being or having to be ridiculous.  I cannot account for randoms who are ill-informed that decide to join in for fun. 

This is something I strongly agree with, because it could help the "bad apples" improve their roleplay and become quality members of the community. As for those who don't want to improve, well sadly people like that also exist and will always be a problem.

2 hours ago, Effect said:

Personally, I found LC roads to be rather different from LS or Blaine County ones. A lot of short streets, somewhat sharp turns, high and low roads, I wouldn't recommend pushing pedal to the metal around Algonquin at least. Yet, I like it as it forms a somewhat natural obstacle and feeling to drive properly.

Thank you for giving me this information, because I haven't had the chance to drive on the streets yet. Your description aligns with my GTA 4 memory of the streets being very maze-esque. Did you also do some racing on the highways or drag type racing? I'm asking this, because I had gotten an idea from watching some VICE videos about NY street racing. Since Liberty City is New York it means that this kind of roleplay should be accurate and possible. My idea also included some backwood tracks which have little to no traffic, which means racing on them should be possible. I can PM you some tracks to try out.

Spoiler

Untitled-1.png

• Content Count:  18

Personally I think car community roleplay is interesting, if done properly it could be the coolest bit of RP around but like being said, there is a LOT of bad apples thinking that it is NFS and not a RP server. People would show up with their super fast car which their character realistically wouldn't own and would race them. Though, having little car meets around Liberty City would be cool like shown above. Having people fill a road with sick looking cars and people walking around looking at them would be so cool for passive RP which isn't done properly most the time. Realistically living in Liberty City the roads would be filled with traffic especially the main roads in Algonquin so you'd most likely be hosting them in the ghettos or near the docks, especially if there's illegal cars there.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  205

I've always thought it would be super interesting, even though I've never been apart of it. But, it always turns into a disaster as players only role-play the drifting and running away from police. Instead of fixing their vehicles, planning proper car meets at locations, and always act tough in front of police and other illegal factions even though they are just racing crews/car enthusiasts. If those problems were to somehow go away, I would definitely support the creation of one. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  291

I would like to see some legal RP from those community, like mentioned above, fixing vehicles, car meets, etc. I am not a big fan of illegal RP, like street racing, drifting, and what not. I just don't feel like they are realistic or people are portraying it well. I wish they crash their cars so that FD will have more MVA calls

• Insightful 1

• Brett locked this topic